Author Topic: Fischer RX8 Cap or Sandwich?...Word!  (Read 355 times)

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Fischer RX8 Cap or Sandwich?...Word!
« on: October 05, 2006, 08:00:16 am »
Last night was Pro-Night at our local ski shop and I couldn't wait to get in there to verbally assualt the Fischer Rep....all this pent up confusion, anxiety, I was primed for battle.

Priorities first, consume the chicken, the corn, the pasta, some wine and then, locate the Fischer Wizard!

After I cornered him, I went on to tell him how there was so much confusion surround the new RX8's, were they or were they not Sandwich construction. He politely excused himself....hmmmm... I thought I had him on the run, to nervous to face the truth that Fischer had indeed sent mixed signals to their Fischer groupies! We had been duped....or had we?

Standing their all full of myself thinking I had made the man, exposed my own little Martha Stewart,...he returned with 6 ski sections chained together. He said "let me show you what I'm talking about"!

Well, did Fischer do what Ron eerily suggested, "could it be Sandwich construction with a cap"? From now on, we must all listen and never doubt what Ron says, that indeed is what Fischer has done.

The ski section show to me was a vertical integrated wood core with a cap over the core. The rep also said that this is exactly the same make up of my ski which was last years model. I didn't think to? ask about previous years, sorry.

He also told me that some of their plastics and material are being used by Boeing in their wing design. Well by now I was very impressed with this man. He took me to school and had the props to support his pitch.

There you have it Fischer fans...at least as much as I know about this great ski. Kudos to Ron for making the call!

Best,
Gary

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Barrettscv

Re: Fischer RX8 Cap or Sandwich?...Word!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 12:38:42 pm »
I see the light  :o : thank you Gary & Ron!

I felt a little misled when I read the "Sandwich construction" description on http://www.fischer-ski.com/en/ . That description still exists!

I thought, ?O.K. the RX8 (& 9) are now like my Worldcup RC, these are now vertical sidewall/laminate construction". This would be a change from prior years.

It turns out that the RX8 (&9) are unchanged.

In a sense I?m relieved, don?t fix what ain?t broke;)

Cheers,

Michael

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 01:29:12 pm »
Michael, I too am in a state of relief....the product is made well, performs well, and was marketed a...maybe not so well, or was it?

Certainly created a major spark on the ski review sites.

Did enjoy my dialogue with the reps though. A lot of positve energy with people that have good products.

With the record now clear, it's time to look into" turbo goggles with high speed fans that can actually lift  you out of the snow" Fact or Fiction...find me a factory rep!!!!

Gary

nevils

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 05:15:30 pm »
It's snowing at Dodge Ridge, however, at this time the high speed fans that can actually lift would help.
Nevils

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 08:16:50 pm »
Ok nevils...ya got me on Dodge Ridge. Had to look that one up.

And sure as shootn' there is such a place and there "is" snow on the ground.

Now if  you had anything to do with it..I'm placing my order for snow Dec 11-15 at Beaver Creek and Jan14-21st and Jackson Hole.

Oh yeah, if you can supply even just enough cold weather for Bristol Mountain (here in upstate NY)
we'd all appreciate it.

Best,
Gary