Author Topic: FR versus FX bindings  (Read 467 times)

Ghost

FR versus FX bindings
« on: September 24, 2006, 07:38:46 pm »
What exactly is the difference between the Fischer FR bindings (eg. FR12) and the FX bindings.  I gather the number refers to the max. din, and the R is for racing, but what is the difference in terms of release modes, elasticity, and any other differences.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Barrettscv

Re: FR versus FX bindings
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 07:50:03 pm »
Hi Ghost & welcome

The FX is currently available & the matching binding for the RX8. The FR is an earlier generation product, I've been unable to find much info on it. You might contact Ski Depot for more info.

Cheers,

Michael

Ghost

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 09:00:23 pm »
According to Fische'rs web site (the one with the RX8 "sandwich construction" cap skis)? The WC GS and SL are matched up to an FR17, the WC RC and SC are matched up with FlowFlex bindings, and the Race SC has the FX12 binding.

Barrettscv

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 07:37:13 am »
Oops, should of done a little more research. I've always divided the Tyrolia/Fisher bindings into "Freeflex" and "Railflex". It sound like the Fischer FR are Freeflex and the FX are Railflex. However, I don't see the FR designation on the current website.

Cheers,

Michael
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 12:44:28 pm by Barrettscv »

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 11:05:46 am »
interesting. in general, the Rail flex has the bindings sitting on a plate on a set of rails allowing the binding to shift during the turn, it also has the ability to be moved fore/aft by 15mm. A lot of us here ski our Head and Fischer's in the +15 position.

THe FF, FreeFlex binging in fixed but has a spring like cam in center of the binding allowing the ski to load and unload energy during the turn.