Author Topic: Fischer RX 8 info...I think  (Read 776 times)

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Fischer RX 8 info...I think
« on: September 15, 2006, 08:22:35 am »
Hmmm...Titanium Carbon Fiber or Laminated Wood Core...that spells out the primary? construct difference between the 2005-2006 RX8 and the 2006-2007 RX8.

I called Fischer USA this morning to see what Customer Service had to say. I said the brochures are saying Sandwich Construction and she responded " it wouldn't be the first time the brochure was wrong".? She continued checking and said that the the new RX line is for sure Sandwich Construction.

She said initially there might have been an over run issue where they made new RX8 with the new graphics but still had the 05-06 construction.

She said if you want to be sure, there is a code on the side of the ski that should be able to verify it. Also, if you get the Item # of the ski, they can confirm the ski construction.

Owning last years RX8 and not having seen the new model, I can't say if the ski body looks different. Although when I look at the Fischer home site and click on last years and this years skis, then click to the info on the construction, the diagrams shown do look differerent.

Not sure if this helps anyone, but it's the most info I could get short of actually holding the 2 skies side by side.

The Fischer USA phone number is 603-314-7110.

Best,
Gary

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

jbotti

• 6+ Year Member
  • 400 Posts
Re: Fischer RX 8 info...I think
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 09:10:50 am »
Excellent work Gary!!
I think the overrun comment explains evrything although I think that is a very poor policy. If I was going out to buy this years RX 8 I wouldn't want to pay early season prices for last years ski when this years is a different ski.

My guess is that it is a rocking ski (and that is not to say the last years RX 8 is not a great ski). JB.

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 11:16:13 am »
Thanks JB...I think it's poor business if they put out a product that was labeled this years and somehow, their left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing.

Our local shop doesn't have the new RX8's in yet. When they do, I'll head over and see for myself and let all know what I find.

I'm pretty sure the sandwich construction is going to have a different flavor on the snow....better or best...I guess that depends on where and who's turning them.

Still, for those who want performance and aren't so hyped up by the latest and the greatest...the " deal hunters".....the 04-05 and 05-06 RX8's ROCK!

Hey................ .........it's snowing somewhere in the US of A!!!!!!

Gary

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 12:39:29 pm »
WOW, now that's investigative reporting! Gary, do you mind if I copy your post over at Epic?

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 01:07:18 pm »
Share the wealth my fellow RS!

Barrettscv

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2006, 06:21:11 am »
Hmmm...Titanium Carbon Fiber or Laminated Wood Core...that spells out the primary? construct difference between the 2005-2006 RX8 and the 2006-2007 RX8.

Not sure if this helps anyone, but it's the most info I could get short of actually holding the 2 skies side by side.

Best,
Gary

Great info. The difference in appearance between the old cap RX8 and the laminate Worldcup RC is very obvious. The vertical sidewall forms a sharp 90 degree angle where it meets the top sheet on the laminate RC. I'll have to take a look at the new RX models at retail ASAP.

I know that it's possible to put a cosmetic "cap" topsheet on a laminate ski, but now that laminate construction is a selling point, I would expect a laminate construction Fischer RX8 to look like the older laminate Fishers. In-fact the bright yellow sidewalls on my RC make a clear statement.

Cheers,

Michael
« Last Edit: September 16, 2006, 06:33:31 am by Barrettscv »