Author Topic: Too many choices?!  (Read 1505 times)

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Too many choices?!
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2006, 08:47:15 am »
Oh Ron....blush, blush...you much too kind....

Jim, your points and Ron's response are right on. What is also intersting and something we've seen over and over is that for the same skier and the same ski...a 160 will ski quite differently than the 170 length and one certainly may be more versatile than the other.

For example, when I purchase my 06 RX8, I really struggled with should I get the 165 length or go to the 170. Now standard wisdom given my height and weight would have put me in the 165 length. Given my ski ability, what I use the ski for and where I ski, the 170 gave me I believe a more versatile ski.

Having said that, for a person that's just learning to ski or someone that looks to stay on the groomed trails, the shorter ski would have been the right choice.

One of the things I love about this site is that anyone no matter what ski skill level can get such real and experienced information. There are so many options out there when it comes to finding the right ski and those babies are expensive.

Being honest with your true ski ability, where you ski, and the terrain you prefer to ski...is key to an enjoyable ski experience.

Nice job guys!

Gary