Author Topic: What's your Quiver for 08'  (Read 1229 times)

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: What's your Quiver for 08'
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2007, 10:34:17 am »
Chubby? Now it's personal ;D I am down from 183 in May (following surgery) to 174.6 as of this AM. Goal is 172 by 12/1. Body fat is 17%. Chubby?  Hmm, you're lucky you can still out ski me....

Yes, the REAL evil is that I have lured you into buying my mojo90's so I can justify the Wateas!  Ahha, duped again... :) 

Barrettscv

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2007, 01:10:04 pm »
'06-07 Head i.xrc 1200's in 170 for the Midwest hardpack

'06-07 Head i.m 82's in 183 for the Boat, Beaver Creek and all points West

'07-08 Fischer Progressor's in 175 or 180 to be added shortly

'07-08 Mythic Riders in 188 to be added later this year when I find a killer deal

I don't know how I missed this. Talk about the perfect quiver!

Michael

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2007, 01:30:42 pm »
That is a great lineup and is 535 a killer enough deal for the mythic riders for you (including bindingds)?  Let me know and I'll hook you up!

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2007, 09:05:17 am »
Yes Ron...you're leaning out for the ski season...OK..so ya had some knee surgery.....they installed bionic parts...yada yada yada...

No...just busting on ya...chubby no more.....you'll be ready by 12-14 no doubt.

Hmmm....lowering body fat and replacing it with good lean muscle mass is a good thing. My numbers are 155 and 12%....and 13% around the holidays.

I'm hankering to jump on those Mojo 90. My only concern is they won't give me the high end performance I've come to expect with the 82's and then....how the heck will I keep up with you on your new Wateas? Oh....wait....now I see the method in your madness. Still, the true comparison will be the Steamboat Ski Off....me compairing the 82, 90's and Wateas....oh boy oh boy oh boy....talk about a kid in a candy shop.

Michael...nice mix. "The Quiver Builds" great title for a new TV pilot.

Me....still trying to stick with 2 pairs cause thats what my ski tube holds....

2007 Head SS 165
2008 Head Monster 82

G

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2007, 10:58:15 am »
Gar' define what you mean by "high-end performance"? Keep in mind you are not talking about groomed runs now or pow on on-piste flat runs., You are talking loose snow, trees and piled snow, moguls. This is where a soft snow specific ski gives you high-end performance for those conditions. The 82 is a great groomed or soft snow run charger. Great for crud too but IMHO its too stiff as a dedicated soft snow ski. a softer flex and tip make a huge difference in soft snow conditions. The mojo will not be a GS rocket like the 82 but I wouldn't recommend it for that purpose. Ahh, we just need a 36" base and a couple of feet of fresh pow....

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2007, 01:45:10 pm »
ROn as expected, you self answered the question with great intuition.....

Yes, hard charging on a crapped up, loose snow, get out of my way mid day run. After a few turns on the Mojo 90, I'll get a sense of what it feels like and hopefully we'll get some deeper snow as well.

After having skied the IM 77 in 21/2 feet of snow, I know I'll get more float with the 82's....my experience with the 82's to date have demonstrated their ability to perform in groomed snow conditions like a ripp'n GS ski, very stable at speeds, a blast in the bumps, which would indicate that the shovel and tail are not too stiff, and then some boot high powder and crud conditions and they were as compliant  as a $500....well they did what they were asked to do.

Anyway....having skied the Rossi B4, 195 length and I think 95 at the waist, I know how well they loved to cruise the surface of the snow, very smooth, where patience on my part was key.

I'm looking forward again to trying an even wider board to see if there are advantages I can appreciate.  I've skied my SS in boot high snow and usually don't find more than that unless your timing is perfect in Vermont on New Hampshire.  Still, I've clearly seen the advantages with going wider....but finding the one is still the fun!

Factors like skis skills, weight and height, how agressive and terrain preffered are significant factors in making that decisoin. Will report back after I dance with these babies.....82 or 90, bad boy vs gentle giant.

G

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2007, 07:15:11 am »
all fair enough but don't think the 90 is a gentle giant. It's not a noodle and I had a good time with it blasting through a fairly steep blue run that had about 6" plus of chopped up and piled, wet spring snow with no deflection. Softer tips, yes, but not a wimpy ski at all. I can understand your concerns and only time will tell. Thats why they make so many skis! I am the first to say i have seen you ski in all the conditions above and I only hope to ski as well as you some day!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 07:32:43 am by Ron »

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2007, 08:03:16 am »
Aw Schucks....Shane... .will I ever see you again? (see western classic "Shane")

Ok cowboy...lets get those 90's on the snow NOW....Hmmmm.....is it deep enough anywhere...(snow that is Jim)

I am pumped Ron to test the 82 and the 90 side  by side. Thought I'd put the 82 on one leg and the 90 on the other.

Hmmm...that should surely provide some interesting test results but most certainly some comic relief.

Best,
G

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2007, 08:08:26 am »
Yes, But I bet I could actually keep up with you. Two different skis for sure.

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2007, 08:18:03 am »
ROn, I think you should try it first. I can be the idea guy and you can take all the glory as the test pilot.

So what if your knees are just starting to feel bionic...man it's about the gory, and maybe to be videoed.

G

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2007, 08:21:17 am »
I smelleth a con-job!  The footy would be great though, I can see it now posted on Epic and TGR.....

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2007, 08:32:08 am »
You haveth a good sense of smelleth!

But what a rip it would be....I've never seen any video of a gung ho skier with 2 different skis on rippn' down the mountain.

Hey...could be a big hit on U Tube.

You know....a female skier would be ALL THE RAGE! Could make that person famous, I mean, that person could command a complete Harem of male admirers. I mean she'd have to travel with her Real Skier entourage to resorts all over the world so the Harem could see that female skier for themselves. Wow...there's another one of my brilliant marketing ideas.

Hmmmm....I wondering if there just might be "that" female skier that would love to have that kind of Harem at her beck and call.

Ok Ron...you could be her second, but you'd have to wear  "the" white ski pants.

Gary

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2007, 08:47:42 am »
Ouch, I was really enjoying your post until I got to that part......

Lynn, I need your Bronx here!  Please take mr. Cassara to task for me...... ;D

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2007, 12:47:05 pm »
I don't know Ron, the idea of my very own personal harem is very appealing. Especially the part about going to all the different resorts around the world with the harem. THats a lot of very fine skiing we're talking about. My ski edges and waxed bottoms would be the envy of all due to ministrations and technical expertise of the harem members. Hmmm, must think this thru.
"Play it Sam"

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2007, 12:52:52 pm »
Fine......... >:(