Author Topic: Fischer is looking good  (Read 239 times)

Barrettscv

Fischer is looking good
« on: September 04, 2007, 04:00:04 pm »
Fischer seems to have done very well in the reviews this year  ;D .
High scores on most products.

A best brand?

Michael

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Fischer is looking good
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 05:02:55 pm »
Yep...I see that Michael...I've spreading the praise of the new RX8 Fire for my 16 year old, 125 llb cousin....good agreesive skier that wants versatilty, carveabilty and performance.

Elan kind of was disappointing in many of their products this year.

Still....lot's of awesome stuff out there to ride.

Gary

Barrettscv

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 05:06:12 pm »
I purchased a 160cm RX8 for my Daughter  ;D.

I'm selling a 160 cm Atomic GS:9 with bindings if your interested.

Cheers,

Michael

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 05:08:33 pm »
Let me know what year it is and I'll let my cousin know.  I think the RX8 is the better all around performer of the 2 but he might have a different opinion.

Will get back if he's interested.

Gary

gregmerz

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 200 Posts
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 07:08:48 pm »
Fischer has always been on my short list of preferred brands.  I'll be picking up a pair of Progressor's soon...

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 08:21:02 am »
Very nice lineup with a very strong showing in the groomed line. Peters review of that new 8 is stellar! I understand that the "Cool Heat" is also a very nice board.  Its Ironic but it seems the best skis out these days are heads, Fischers and not the Coveted Atomics or Volkls. Some would argue that Volkl still has a lot of good skis but I think their following is not in wider boards, like the Mantra, AC40 and of course, the king of off-piste, the Gotama.

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 08:35:49 am »
You know I find it interesting having owned a pair Volkl P63's, I've always loved the Volkl edge hold. What I have found that their skis always felt more rigid tip to tail than Fischer and Head. I can feel the arc in the Fischer and Head skis I've owned as well as Dynastar....not so pronounced with Volkl for me.

Funny,  I look at the way Ski Mag reviews the new skis and 2 of the categories are "power" and "finesse"....maybe the power skier fairs better with the Volkl. By power I mean the skier is much more physical in technique than maybe the finesse skier. At least that's what I thought the inference was...the way the skier applies their energy to the ski maybe a better way of putting it.

Any thoughts?

G

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 08:44:04 am »
Interesting observation. I always looked at Volkl as kind of the Porsche of skis, fast nimble with no suspension. Look at the 4,5 and 6 stars and other race oriented skis they used to be so famous for. Now, you're right, they show up much more on the physical end, It makes me think more like like they are just big stiff boards that need to be muscled around. This is not what I'm looking for.