Author Topic: Stockli Rotors (2007) 179cm  (Read 667 times)

AndrewR

Stockli Rotors (2007) 179cm
« on: August 29, 2006, 09:10:04 am »
I was forced to buy these skis two days before my exams as some inconsiderate person (read pikey bastard ) stole my Volkl Allstars at lunch time. I checked my insurance in the UK and managed to get these just prior to closing time at Ski Connect in Wanaka, New Zealand.

First of all - all Stockli owners, if you are skiing Treble Cone or Cardrona (although I expect that you will be at TC) and based in Wanaka - their service is excellent, a personal thank you to Grant (one of the owners) and their tuning shop is one of the best.

Thanks to Lou (Lou's Performance Skiing in Calgary) for recommending them.

I skied on the Wednesday in perfect sunshine with outstanding snow to get used to their particular characteristics. They are amazing. They do everything one expects from a Stockli but perform across all terrain with aplomb. They are so much fun, carve with the best on the groomed, are easy enough to turn in short radius, float in the powder and bust through crud with ease.

I expect that most people who demo these will buy them. I was so relieved to have a perfect replacement ski to do my exam on that I was quite relaxed on the day and skied all four runs pretty well.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Barrettscv

Re: Stockli Rotors (2007) 179cm
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 11:10:19 am »
Great report!

Peter gives the ski a rave review, and he generally does not like twin tips. Is this the hot ticket in 2006/07?

Cheers,

Michael

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 01:25:11 pm »
Great review and I will add this one to the demo list!  What binding and where did you mount?  ( a bit forward,neutral)

AndrewR

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 01:09:22 pm »
Apologies for the delay in monitoring the forum - I have been away with Army stuff

I have the VIST speedlock system www.vist.it

Speedlock TT plate (19mm) and 6-14 Binding (in complimentary baby puke green) which I run on 11 as I like to stay in my skis until it is 'save knee' time.

I have gone for a neutral mount as I can move the binding fore and aft as I require with the speedlock system.

I had a good combination of conditions in Treble Cone and was forced to ski in all manners for the test. I had no trouble with tail wash out in my short radius test and they are simply awesome.

Marcus

Rotors Vs Stormrider XL
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 04:58:05 pm »
The Rotors sound pretty great.? I spent last season switching between Laser Cross Pros for piste, Stormrider XLs for mixed conditions, and Stomrider DP Pro for powder (all rented).? Am thinking of buying this season and wondered if you had tried any of these and how they compare to the Rotor.

Thanks

Marcus

AndrewR

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 10:27:11 pm »
Collected new skis today but was (unfortunately) let down as VIST plates and binding had not been delivered to the shop. I will hopefully be up and running with DP Pro on weekend as it is meant to snow and will update as soon as I have something to add.