Author Topic: Contact 11's...  (Read 202 times)

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Contact 11's...
« on: August 23, 2007, 08:09:49 am »
yes, I figured this would make good fun today. I bought a pair of Contact 11's last night. 5 days on the snow in a 172. Couldn't say no to this deal. I am not getting the Magfires. $325.00!!!

Just for the record, I am still ahead on my sales to purchase dollar count.......

Now then, which to take to SB; the 78's or the 11's? I will take both out, play around and leave one. I am guessing I will end up keeping the 78's in SB but we'll see.....

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Contact 11's...
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 08:27:26 am »

Are these Michael's or a different deal?

I'm happy for us Ron.  To be able to live vicariously through your purchases is much cheaper than if I were purchasing.

It takes a big man to buy another set of skis just so all of his ?? friends ?? at Realskiers have something to RIP him about.  Thank You, thank you, thank you.
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 09:20:46 am »
No, not michaels, they are Sierrajims', owner of sierra snowboard. he had his pair that he loved but because he only used them a few days since he demos other skis extensively.  I'm happy to provide you all with joy and demo gear....

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 09:28:09 am »
yes, I figured this would make good fun today. I bought a pair of Contact 11's last night. 5 days on the snow in a 172. Couldn't say no to this deal. I am not getting the Magfires. $325.00!!!

Just for the record, I am still ahead on my sales to purchase dollar count.......

Now then, which to take to SB; the 78's or the 11's? I will take both out, play around and leave one. I am guessing I will end up keeping the 78's in SB but we'll see.....

Just out of curiosity Ron, what freight company do you use to ship all your stuff back and forth from Steamboat.  Do they pick up in a truck from the curb like a moving company?  Do they have a forklift to load everything, or does it come with a moving crew to load boxes and skis.  I assume they carefully wrap your skis in moving pads and boxes and stuff?  Should you consider renting a yellow Ryder truck and driving to Steamboat.  You could go by and pick up Midwif and Gary and team drive the semi-trailer loaded with stuff.   It's only about 20 hours drivetime? WOW, that's a thought.  You and Gary in a truck for 20 hours straight; maybe midwif WON'T want to go. 

And, more importantly, do you ever get tired of us picking on you?   ???

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 10:00:33 am »
last question first- No never!   :o pick away, as I said before, just don't pick my nose. AND please leave my eyebrows alone.

Now regarding the rest, did you know that I deal with moving companies for a living? 

I actually have just about everything I need out there with the exception of my 78's and Contact 11's. I will actually bring those with me. Of course, I still have all the outfits and all the other gear and I have arranged to havea  53' tractor trailer ot pick up my stuff :)

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 12:32:06 pm »

Now regarding the rest, did you know that I deal with moving companies for a living??

Nope.  So that's how you do it, you get a "Priority Customer Discount".   ::)

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 12:44:32 pm »
Oh, you have no idea how this industry works........ :'(

Barrettscv

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 03:55:35 pm »
Hi Ron,

Congrats on the Contact 11's. Its a great ski, you will find it makes moguls easy, carves great and the tips stay up in deeper snow. Keep it in Steamboat for those no-new-snow days.

The funny thing is, I was just offered a good price on the the Head Monster 78...

Michael

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2007, 08:36:22 am »
thanks, Good to hear from you over here. I think the best decision is to go with the Mojo's and C11's in SB and just ski the 78's out here. I still have my beloved SS's for days where I just want to rip or hard pack days.

I ALMOST BOUGHT A ROSSI SCRATCH BC TODAY!

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2007, 09:18:00 am »
C-11's came in yeasterday evening. They are like new. Gary will be pleased to hear his favorite part of the ski is almost scratch free! The bases are perfect. I dont think he ever had these on hard snow. The edges are good but need to be tuned, They are just a bit dull and have some burrs, nothing severe, just normal wear after a few days. You could probably take them out with a gummie stone but I will run the files over them.  I will brush out the bases and put a couple of coats on them. I really like the look of the ski. 122-72-102. I can see why Michael loved these babies, they just look fast and nimble but with enough girth to handle loose snow.  Should be a great near all-mountain ski for me back east.

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2007, 12:47:32 pm »
If it doesn't snow soon, Ron is going to need a warehouse to store his gear, and a truck to move the stuff round.

Jim...not sure a yellow truck works with Ron's wardrobe.

Still, Ron is ever on the outlook for a great deal...surfing, calling, watching ......ever vigilant. AND if it doesn't snow soon and he can't get his many happy new boards on the snow...it could be really bad.

Ron, I just noticed a white pile of stuff outside a local hockey arena........it was about 4 foot high and cat track wide.

Come on brother....bring up the boards.

G

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2007, 01:56:03 pm »
that will work for a few short turns, we can groom it out brotha'  ;D

Now then, I see we're back on the overflowing quiver thing  ???

My guess it I really only need the C-11's. I can't bear to part with my last pair of Supershapes though.....

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2007, 02:11:05 pm »
ROn...I think it's just a matter of time to see who wins the "tug of the heart"!

You know there's the "call of the wild"....well the "tug of the heart" refered to is which ski gives you butterflies in the tummy when you're out turning them.....which skis say's...."I am you and you are me"...which skis call to you from their solace in the basement when you hear the morning weather report...which skis pamper your body and fulfull your every wish.

Ok...you're not getting a genie in a lamp buster...

Git out and ride the new damm skis then make up your mine if you're selling or keeping the SS. No sense letting dust gather on those bad boys....CAUSE....ya never know if some super fat surf boards are in your future.

G

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2007, 08:08:49 am »
HMMM, fat skis rock! I will be logical and practical. I am hereby affirming that I will neither sell nor buy any more skis until December....