Author Topic: Helmet Cams  (Read 446 times)

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Helmet Cams
« on: August 16, 2007, 12:57:31 pm »
Now I have the bug...contacted 2 sources today to find out about renting a helmet cam for our trip.

Just trying to find out what gear we would need. Ron, I know you have a good camera so maybe it's just finding the rest of what's needed. Be nice if we could actually rent it in Steamboat. Rent...own???

Waiting for feedback. If any of you have any experience with this gear, let us know your thoughts.

It would be fun to put up our ski day on the TV or at least momments of it while we're enjoying Lynns famous pasta and sauce or Ron's famous whatever he cooks.

Best,
Gary

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Helmet Cams
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 05:54:29 pm »
Just to be clear, nothing is famous about my sauce. I am willing to bet that Ron is a much better cook than I am. However, with enough wine, no one will notice.
"Play it Sam"

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 06:58:36 am »
I always count on the wine effect as well...

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 07:35:59 am »
Lynn...please don't be so modest, anyone that spends as much time finding the perfect boot fit has got to make one hell of a sauce. The wine only compliments the artistic qualities of the sauce. Now...practice your pasta throwing technique against the wall.

AND you're right, Ron is a terrific cook with me willing to relegate myself to chopper upper boy. If only his pant selection were truer to the quality of a 5 star chef...wait a minute....they are!!!!! WHITE!!!!!! Now if we could just get him to compliment his ski ensemble with a white chefs hat.

A couple dinners in and  a couple out....sounds perfect!

Hey Lynn....we must find out what Jim's specialty is in the kitchen.

Gary

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 07:38:22 am »
Jim....???????????
"Play it Sam"

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 08:38:34 am »
My specialty in the kitchen is clean up.? I'm excellent at loading the dishwasher.? My tastes (and skills) are way to simple, you don't want me anywhere near the cooking part of the food.

For example, my son fixed dinner on Wednesday on the grill.? When I offered to 'do dinner' last night, he groaned and informed me that he wasn't in the mood for Hamburger Helper.? ?;D? I told him that he should know better than to think that I was offering to cook, I was only offering to pick up and pay based on what he selected (we got Chinese).

Regarding Lynn's sauce, there is an old Chinese proverb that says "beggars can't be choosers".? There is a corollary 'man-rule' that says that 'free tastes great' and that is especially true when someone else does all of the work cooking.? Speaking strictly for myself, I can guarantee that Lynn's sauce is exquisite, delectable, and very savory.  I might go so far as to say that it "Tastes Great and is Very Filling". (and I have never tasted it).

One of the bonuses of sharing with Lynn is not having McDonald's for breakfast each morning.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 08:56:37 am by jim-ratliff »
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 09:07:25 am »

Gary & Alice's Restaurant

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 09:08:56 am »

My white pants.? Note the clever use of the elastic powder cuffs to protect them from dirt...
Taken last February in my new playhouse.

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 09:13:48 am »
Cooking and wine are very sacred in our house. My wife is a great cook but a better baker. I will try to get her to make a couple batches of her chocolate chip and oatmeal raisen cookies.

Typical skiing breakfast
Coffee- and/or green tea (loose leaf only)
Thick, organic bacon
Eggs.
Whole grain toast
Smoked salmon

OR:
Scambled eggs
salsa
black beans
Jack or cheddar cheese
Whole grain toast

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2007, 09:29:01 am »
The photo of the food...hmmmm...I thought that was your doing Ron...but you're right...that was my house and my wife was cooking...be chopping.

Jim, Jim, Jim..I don't think Lynn should let you off that easy....Cripes man...ya gotta be able to scamble eggs and toast some bread?

RON, my man..don't forget those outstanding whole wheat pancakes you made. They were the best, filling, high energy and very tasty. I tossed in a banana and loads of syrup and I was rocket man on the mountain for the first hour.

Ok all...feast your eyes on the chef in his white pants....now move that image to the mountain. You see what I'm saying....very easy to spot on the mountain. ANd those garder belts he's using to hold up his pants....well that's a whole other story, AND I'm not going there!

Gary

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2007, 09:49:48 am »
Ahh, yes the pancakes. I love them but the sugar spike and crash from the syrup is a killer.

Jim and Lynn, there is a Starbucks in the base village at the SB hotel. They have muffins and such!

Shop and stock up at the City market and savea ton of $. I think its more fun to cook at home. We have a nice weber for grilling.

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2007, 09:56:06 am »

One of the bonuses of sharing with Lynn is not having McDonald's for breakfast each morning.

Get ready for oatmeal every morning. ;D
"Play it Sam"

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2007, 11:30:57 am »
Oatmeal is a great skiing breakfast.

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2007, 11:40:48 am »

Get ready for oatmeal every morning. ;D

Oatmeal is great for cholesterol as well isn't it? and has to be better than McDonald's.

No one need worry (too much).? I haven't died for lack of food yet.? I even liked the Army C-rations and Ft. Riley hospital food.
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2007, 11:51:35 am »
Well there you go!  No pressure Lynn. I am sure you can also buy some captain crunch or Lucky charms. :o