Author Topic: Zipfit Liners  (Read 1525 times)

jbotti

• 6+ Year Member
  • 400 Posts
Re: Zipfit Liners
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2006, 09:07:06 pm »
Mdwif,
You may also want to speak with Harald and Diana about the Nordica foam liners. They really love these liners. They both have them in the RD 96 boots and they have told me to put them in my RS 96's when they pack out. You might be able to find a shop that carries them near you. JB.

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2006, 11:41:06 am »
Thanks for the insights. I will look for the Nordica foam liners as this may be the first year I do not go to Utah to ski :'( I should be able to find them hereabouts (NYC). I am tentatively thinking of doing the Feb. Solvista Blue camp so could then get feed back from HH and Co.
"Play it Sam"

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2006, 12:28:43 pm »
Jbotti, can you please expound a bit here. Are these liners made by Nordica but not stock liners found in my Hot Rods? I know that Nordicas are infamous for packing out early. Thanks.

jbotti

• 6+ Year Member
  • 400 Posts
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2006, 03:13:28 pm »
Yes, these are not Nordica stock liners. Nordica makes a lace up, foam liner which has been initially designed for their Doberman line. These are foam liners that mold around your foot and become rigid when the foam dries. This is a very firm feel in the boot and it is usually reccommeded for racers and those that ski with a racer fit.

Harald and Diana have them in their RD 96 boots. Since the RS 96 is the same last, clearly they will work fine in those boots. Since the Hot Rod is the same last as the Doberman Pro 130, these liners will work fine in the Hot Rod.

I don't remember the cost, but $225 keeps coming up in my mind (although I may be totally wrong). I think they are cheaper than a ZipFit and cheaper than the Comformables (which Harald and Diana were using before these).

Although these may be an improvement on your Hot Rod liners, we all know that anything you do with boots that are too big, ends up being a band aid.

I would ask about these in the gear section of the PMTS forum and I'm sure Harald will reply.

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2006, 08:12:46 am »
Ok, as you know I have the hot rods now. I see the fitter next week and will see what he says

Powdermad

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2006, 02:14:52 am »
Hi I'm going to Vail in December and wanting to get some zipfit liners, wondering if anyone can recommend a good shop and boot fitter.

Thanks

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2006, 07:47:23 am »
A great one is in Breckenridge, JEff Bergeron, if you are still interested, you can get his info over at Epic.com.

Powdermad

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2006, 02:14:41 am »
Many thanks will give him a go.

AndrewR

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2006, 11:57:03 am »
Lots of Zipfit fitters - http://www.zipfit.com/dealerlist.htm

cheers
Andrew