Author Topic: Stockli Laser SC (2005) 168cm  (Read 680 times)

AndrewR

Stockli Laser SC (2005) 168cm
« on: May 21, 2006, 11:31:36 am »
What a ski!!!!!!!! I like a ski that gives something back (Volkl fan) but these are something else. They are like stepping from a high performance sports car into a full on race car. They have amazing dampening qualities, turn as soon as one has thought about it but track straight at high speed with no chatter. They truly glide but hold an edge like a razor. I laughed so hard all the way down my first, second and third run on these skis that my wife thought I had gone mad. So much fun and so much potential for me to really improve my technique on these skis. To be honest the edge angles were a little too race like (SL) for my liking and for what I bought them for (confidence inspiring technique development skis as I work on my Level 2) but I can see why so many club racers love them. Just outstanding and the awful thing is that I can see myself staying on Stockli in the future which could be an expensive habit.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

AndrewR

Re: Stockli Laser SC (2005) 168cm
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 09:02:44 am »
Just come back from a CSIA Level 2 Course run by Rookie Academy in New Zealand (will discuss in separate post). Skied my SCs for the first two weeks and they are everything that I hoped they would be but they are just too demanding and precise to be a good all round ski for what we were doing - skiing all conditions at no notice and trying to achieve levels of skiing precision in all sorts of conditions that meant we were quite pushed at all times.

Where they excelled were short radius turns on hard steep snow and longer radius dynamic turns on the groomed. They can be skied everywhere but there are other skis that are easier to ski everywhere. I will keep these skis and I will enjoy skiing them when I am working on my short radius turns and dynamic parallel on groomed runs. They are perfect for cold icy days where edge bite and control is pretty crucial.

I still love these skis but I love my Rotors more (see separate review).