Author Topic: Blizzard Titan Nine 188cm  (Read 657 times)

AndrewR

Blizzard Titan Nine 188cm
« on: May 21, 2006, 11:24:38 am »
I was mooching around at the SkiPress Demo at Whistler, generally being like a kid in a toy shop (what is that model? How much? Going to do any deals? etc - I am sure that you get the picture). I love Volkl but they were not going to budge on letting me try a pair of 07 Mantras, the Blizzard chap pipes up, saying he may have an addiitonal pair of 188cm that he may be willing to off load at the end of the week. I say that I may be interested if they are the right price (ie cost) and I can ski on them. I manage to blag an hour to test them on a particularly mixed day, there was vestiges of powder around but I did not quite have enough time ot get over to Harmony and try something a bit deeper. Franz's Meadow (high traverse) and VD Trees had to suffice, followed by another blast down the Red Chair with a friend.

What can I say, they turn like a long slalom ski, they dampen bumps, they rail on edge like a GS ski (well would if the edges angles were a bit tighter) but this is a powder/ big mountain ski after all. They are so much fun and I knew that I was hooked. I have to say that one of the advantages of being plain boards is that the bindings are mounted in a sensible position which helps their 'do anything' ability. So I bought them and they are so much fun on everything but hard icy crud (but then nothing is fun on that stuff).

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

AndrewR

Re: Blizzard Titan Nine 188cm
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 09:27:01 am »
A further chapter in the life of these skis.

I took them to New Zealand with me and they were awesome in the powder. Three days of 10 cm plus, one day of 20 cm plus and another of 30 cm plus. Great fun on non powder days where I just wanted to to ski steep, fast and drop off things. I did force myself to do short radius turns in the tracks of a friends who was on 168cm Apache Recons and then made her follow my long radius high speed carves on the steeper lower part of the pitch.

I holed a base dropping a small cliff on the big dump Saturday but Thunderboards did a fantastic patch on my babies.

They are a great all/ big mountain ski for those that want to have/ can afford/ justify a dedicated powder/ big mountain day ski.