Author Topic: updated rates for Steamboat  (Read 132 times)

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
updated rates for Steamboat
« on: July 18, 2007, 11:22:23 am »
Hey gang the new rates for canyon Creek are

2 bedroom, 357 per night plus applicable taxes
3 bedroom, 450 per night plus applicable taxes

No worries if you don't stay there. I am not making anything on the rooms or anything else so feel free to stay where you like. If you want to bounce any hotels off me, I would be happy to let you know where they are and such.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: updated rates for Steamboat
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 03:46:13 pm »
Ron:

Thanks for the offer to share your 'insider' knowledge.? I still need to check with the Air Force Academy to see if they have deals/specials at Steamboat, but assuming that they don't I could use some insight on the following.

I am probably more interested in just a hotel or lodge room than a condo, especially since I have seen a couple for $85-$100 per night.? What is the shuttle or bus situation between downtown and the ski area, and how far apart are the two??

Am I wrong in thinking about being downtown rather that at the mountain?? Is there likely anything to be going on at the Howelson Sports Complex, or too early in year?

Do you have any insight on any of the following?? Bunkhouse Lodge, Comfort Inn, Nordic Lodge Motel, Super 8, Rabbit Ears Motel).? I've had good luck with a Comfort Inn in Sandy, Utah, and was interested to note that the Super 8 and the Marriott had the single "$" for price but still have an excellent quality rating (my kind of place) on the Steamboat lodging page.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 09:29:42 pm by jim-ratliff »
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 08:12:38 am »
Well, I think downtown has it's + & -'s. Plus. they have more restaurants. Minus's. You have to take shuttles to the mountain, there isn't anything going on at Howelson, they is some race training going on but nothing major. There is training over on Steamboat as well. price-wise, there are good rates at steamboat, call the reservations line and ask. The hotels downtown are a bit on the "modest side". There is a comfort-inn and a couple of others that are a in the base village but not not witin walking distance. I will get some hotels for you but I would also call the main reservations and ask. There still bargain rates at that time of the year.

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 12:34:40 pm »
HOTELS: I am getting a list of good hotels nearby. I will post shortly.