Author Topic: ROOM MATE THREAD  (Read 990 times)

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Judge Judy Lynn
« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2007, 07:57:07 am »
 ;D
Well, Judge Judy Lynn hasn't ruled because she hasn't actually posted any ruling here on the forum, but informal negotiations with my legal team indicate that my penance will be neither Shrimp Cocktail nor Pinot Noir nor anything else that Gary or Ron can eat nor anything white and obnoxious that I have to wear.? Judge Lynn's team indicated that she has a lot of problems adjusting to the altitude the first few days and would very much appreciate a "luggage porter" the first day or so.?

My legal team responded to let her know that would be a reasonable penance if in fact Judge Judy Lynn did make that her final ruling.

Which is by way of saying, "Where's the snow".

Ron.  C-11's.  Yet another ski????

« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 08:16:21 am by jim-ratliff »
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: ROOM MATE THREAD
« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2007, 09:08:32 am »
Luggage porter? The shuttle from hayden does that!? Lynn, did you know that?? Just trying to be helpful......now about that shrimp, gulf coast are really the best..... ;D
 ;D
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 09:20:24 am by Ron »

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #92 on: September 07, 2007, 09:56:03 am »
Ah Ron, you have missed the best part. Not only will Ratliff be lugging my ski bags, but picking us up at the airport. I assume you are still on your original flight on the 15th? I am on the same flight.
It seems that Jim eschews the skies for the open road and will be arriving before us on his wandering road trip. Can anyone say ski valet?
Negotiations will continue, however. He had to ask me what a Pinot Noir was. We may not want him buying ANY wine.
"Play it Sam"

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #93 on: September 07, 2007, 10:00:08 am »
RichK? Where are you staying? Michael B? Did you guys find something together?
If  we have as much fun this year as last and want to try again next year, getting a house large enough for all might be fun.
Gotta find another woman to come though. I might start growing chest hair.
Lynn
"Play it Sam"

Barrettscv

« Reply #94 on: September 07, 2007, 10:03:36 am »
Nooooooo..... ;D

I am behind the curve in making roomy commitments; I should stop procrastinating!

Michael

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #95 on: September 07, 2007, 10:04:56 am »
Ah Ron, you have missed the best part. Not only will Ratliff be lugging my ski bags, but picking us up at the airport. I assume you are still on your original flight on the 15th? I am on the same flight.
It seems that Jim eschews the skies for the open road and will be arriving before us on his wandering road trip. Can anyone say ski valet?
Negotiations will continue, however. He had to ask me what a Pinot Noir was. We may not want him buying ANY wine.

Ahh, I was not informed of the "Jim's Limo" service that I was being treated to by default.... Jim, if this is true, a good and true sentence has been imposed..... ?It's a 1/2 hour drive from Hayden A/P. Flat and pretty much srtaight on.

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #96 on: September 07, 2007, 12:00:40 pm »
I hesitate to share this with you East Coast wimps, because driving in the Great Plains means something different and I wasn't going to say anything until confirmed.?

I'm currently planning on flying into Kansas City, then driving.? 3 hours to Manhattan, KS? (the Little Apple) to my sister-in law.? 3 hours to Wichita for my mom and sister, 8 hours to Denver/Colorado Springs for some other friends (maybe) and then ?? 3 hours to Steamboat.? Similar to what Michael did last year from Salt Lake to Aspen to Beaver Creek.? It could change, but if I wind up driving then I will gladly serve my penance and pick up anyone else where it works out.

I am, however, mighty concerned about the space necessary to haul luggage for Ron's clothes and skis and Lynn's clothes in a single vehicle less than 40 feet long (especially since I can't unload my stuff ahead of time).? Oh well, something will work out.? Try to limit it to less than 6 suitcases each, please.

PS. I'm at the beach in NC all next week, so pick on me as much as you want, I won't be here to feel insulted.
PPS.? Thank you Judge Lynn for not choosing to impose the 'white pants' punishment on me.

Lynn:? That's MR. Ratliff to you, at least until we've been introduced.? :-)

Pinot Noir???? I thought you were talking about Nick Pino, ex 7'8" Kansas State basketball center who could barely walk to the gym, let alone tie his own shoes.? Amazingly, I think he actually got drafted by the Lakers.? Can you say Project?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 06:59:04 pm by jim-ratliff »

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #97 on: September 07, 2007, 01:35:57 pm »
No worries, Keep in mind that the trip up from Denver, once off of 70 is VERY remote. Not much along the way so please be careful and make sure carry supplies. It will take 3 hours on dry roads.  The Rabbit ears pass can be very treacherous.

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #98 on: September 07, 2007, 02:12:39 pm »
Ron:

Thanks.  I drove that one afternoon when I was staying in Dillon and felt like getting out.  You may think of it as remote, but there's 200 miles of the same roads in eastern Colorado and Western Kansas. It's all in the perspective.  You're seldom more than a few miles from the nearest farm and a tractor that will pull out of most anything.  Depending on weather, I may go to Vail and then north from there (since I haven't driven that yet).  If I don't make it in time, then would you pretty please serve my penance for me.  That would be worth a Nick Pino of the vintage of your choosing to me.

Jim

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: ROOM MATE THREAD- alpine taxi...
« Reply #99 on: September 10, 2007, 06:55:42 am »
Sounds good, I always take the shuttle over. I am not sure if they allow last minute rides? Here's the Number for Alpine taxi 970-879-2800