Author Topic: ROOM MATE THREAD  (Read 1003 times)

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
Re: ROOM MATE THREAD
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2007, 06:00:44 pm »
Oh yeah Ron...anyone riding up on my tails in the lift line better be prepared for "the look"! Flowers have wilted and dogs have cowered with the "get off my tails or I'll bite your head off, pack snow in your carcass, and FED EX you home in my ski tube!

Ron, I would take him seriously about his fetish. 

One of the women here at work made the mistake of skiing on her boyfriends ski tops as they got off of the chair.  After "the look" and "some words" they skied down the hill separately, never spoke to each other again (mutually), and she hasn't been skiing in the 20 years since.

She is absolutely, clearly and cleanly better off without that guy. Living with him would have been a nightmare. Can you imagine them buy a new car together and she gets the first ding??

On the other hand, I think exchanging token xmas presents is in order!!! I want to be the one to buy the orange fleece undies for Gary! That image in the bathrub is emblazoned in my mind. Who will get Ron some vintage go- go boots??
Lynn
"Play it Sam"

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2007, 09:27:28 pm »

Jim...sounds like the lady in your office is a potential PMTS convert.

Actually I talked her into trying skiing again at Deer Valley last winter when she and one of her friends went out to SunDance (next years group activity?).
She (grudgingly) admitted after she returned that she got tired after the first hour, and then remembered what I had been 'suggesting' about turning by tipping.? She tried it and was amazed that it worked.? That was very gratifying because I put up with a lot of crap a few years back when I would balance on one foot anytime I stopped in the hall to talk to people.? (but it helped my balance a lot)
I bring up skiing a lot, knowing that it will get a laugh when they good-naturedly RIP me for my addiction.

Quote from: midwif
She is absolutely, clearly and cleanly better off without that guy. Living with him would have been a nightmare. Can you imagine them buy a new car together and she gets the first ding??

Midwif:? We both agree with your assessment of him. (In fact, I think his sister agreed with that assessment as well).? The longer version is that he was sitting on the chair with his skis in a 90 degree vee and really wasn't leaving room or taking into consideration anyone else but his new skis.? If he was really worried about his skis, then keep them together and ski out of harms way like Gary would do.? To paraphrase Ron somewhat, it's obvious to me he might have had 'big-boy' skis but he wasn't wearing 'big-boy' pants.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 10:12:41 pm by jim-ratliff »
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2007, 07:40:51 am »
Looks like 5 of the confirmed parties have rooms.

As far as I know, the only ones remaining  without rooms at this tme are  Michael and Rich.

If you guys want to check with Lynn, she could tell you where she is staying and what the rate is.

G

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2007, 08:34:03 am »
The condo is at Storm Meadows. Ski in/out. The rate is 245/nite. It was one of the most reasonable. VRBO.com is a great site.
Lynn
"Play it Sam"

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2007, 09:05:55 am »
GOOD JOB!  FWIW- kinda ski out. you can ski in. In the AM, you will want to go over to the Gondola to access the Sunshine Peak. Great location, you are right on the mountain with great views.

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2007, 09:21:48 am »
We'll have to pick a meeting place for sure....the Gondola are should be perfect. It's about a 6 minute walk from Rons place in ski clogs. We go to the locker room, unload our shoes and back packs and split a locker, then off to the Gondola.

Depending on conditions, we can plan how to disect the mountain to take advantage of the best snow.

Right now, the trails are coursing through my brain......snow, snow, snow, snow, snow.

Might have to spend more time the icy tub!

G

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2007, 10:01:28 am »
Ron: where is there a supermarket? A brief description of food shopping ability would be very helpful.
Thanks,
Lynn
"Play it Sam"

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2007, 11:29:48 am »

Steamboat has an excellent free shuttle system that can take you anywhere, There are a couple of food stores, the city market is a full scale grocery store. They have anything including free-range and organic foods. Next store is a great liquor store that has decent prices and a very good selection of good value wines. There is also a Safeway. Around the base area, there is a small store over by me that you could walk to. They should be opening their new store which will be pretty good in size. Very good homemade foods and bakery items.

The slopeside grill is a ski-in/out wood oven pizzas and pub fare that is great.  It is right next to you. I paid the pizza maker $20.00 for a pizza last season and it fed 3 of us!  VERY GOOD pizza. They make a bar our of snow and you can sit outside and chill.

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2007, 11:58:34 am »
Excellent, city market it is.

Breakfast: good coffee with frothed milk. (I may bring  the coffee press and frother)
"Play it Sam"

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2007, 12:00:36 pm »
Breakfast continued: ( someone needs to learn how to use her computer)

oatmeal with fruit/brownsugar
Juice

alternative option: go to Ron's for breakfast for those whole wheat pancakes! ;D
"Play it Sam"

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2007, 12:21:46 pm »
I would be honored to make them for you!

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2007, 01:11:20 pm »
Excellent, city market it is.

Breakfast: good coffee with frothed milk. (I may bring? the coffee press and frother)

OK Gary, I'm waiting.  Tell us you Russian/Italian spin on "frothed milk"    :o

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2007, 03:24:09 pm »
OMG, what have i said now?? I must need to do some **** research.

Lynn  ::) :
"Play it Sam"

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2007, 08:45:14 pm »

NAWW.  Just use your imagination, you could probably come up with something.  However, I have to confirm that I did find internet references to Gary's explanation of fluffing.  I assume that this definition is NOT what you had in mind.   ::)  However, I couldn't find any of Gary's references to my Russian connections on the web.  I thought we had covered our tracks better than that.

Gary, what branch of the service.  I added up your military time and real estate time, and you are now 145 years old???  Just random names, but do you know Norm Baillargeon?

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2007, 09:33:54 am »
Jim, gary and I were talking this AM, did you attend any HH camps? We were just curious. I have not.