Author Topic: ROOM MATE THREAD  (Read 1071 times)

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: ROOM MATE THREAD
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2007, 09:27:28 pm »

Jim...sounds like the lady in your office is a potential PMTS convert.

Actually I talked her into trying skiing again at Deer Valley last winter when she and one of her friends went out to SunDance (next years group activity?).
She (grudgingly) admitted after she returned that she got tired after the first hour, and then remembered what I had been 'suggesting' about turning by tipping.? She tried it and was amazed that it worked.? That was very gratifying because I put up with a lot of crap a few years back when I would balance on one foot anytime I stopped in the hall to talk to people.? (but it helped my balance a lot)
I bring up skiing a lot, knowing that it will get a laugh when they good-naturedly RIP me for my addiction.

Quote from: midwif
She is absolutely, clearly and cleanly better off without that guy. Living with him would have been a nightmare. Can you imagine them buy a new car together and she gets the first ding??

Midwif:? We both agree with your assessment of him. (In fact, I think his sister agreed with that assessment as well).? The longer version is that he was sitting on the chair with his skis in a 90 degree vee and really wasn't leaving room or taking into consideration anyone else but his new skis.? If he was really worried about his skis, then keep them together and ski out of harms way like Gary would do.? To paraphrase Ron somewhat, it's obvious to me he might have had 'big-boy' skis but he wasn't wearing 'big-boy' pants.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 10:12:41 pm by jim-ratliff »
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."