Author Topic: 2nd Annual Real Skier Trip Update  (Read 1432 times)

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: 2nd Annual Real Skier Trip Update
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2007, 10:11:13 am »
Oh, Gary & jim, please hold on while I go get some popcorn.....

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2007, 12:18:57 pm »
Well Jim, I do have a "big head" and I thought that was a secret...how these things get out.

No, I think I was attracted to the orange like orange juice is attracted to orange. Just a natural thing!

No more jackets for me...well not until my Spyder wears out. And setting the record straight...white pants are cool but just not  my thing....but...

Having said that, if you wanted to give ROn your credit card number and have him pick up a new ski outfit for me....Hey, I'm down with that. I'd even put another patch on saying "Clothing sponserd by JR"!....I'd even wear the white pants.

Gary

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2007, 01:04:33 pm »
Ok. i Just finished the popcorn...

Big-headed-Gary----Not touching that one! 

The white pants, one last time, You helped me pick them out!  Or did you just like that manager (yes, she wasn't bad)?

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2007, 02:21:39 pm »
Yes ROn...I was there that day, after scouring 47 ski shops with you while tried on 73 or 74 pairs of pants.

Ironically, we ended up with the same brand....mine gray and yours white.

Now, the white thing has gotten a wee bit out of hand.

I think each skier should have some identifiable item they wear that can single them out on the mountain. I have my orange helmet and you have your white pants.

Jim....his identifiable feature my not be visiable from the mountain but look at skis in any ski rack at the resort...and if Jim's been there, you'll see the railroad tracks across the tops of the skis. :P
That's OK Jim, Daniel Boone and Dave Crocket had their shtick....you've got yours. ;D

On our behalf Jim...we won't be changing outfits everyday like Ron and Lynn...me, you, Ed, Michael and Rich will be wearing the same mundane colors everyday; but hey, we'll be easy to find. It will very hard to keep track of the other 2 clothes divas....the responsibiltiy we're strapped with!

G

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2007, 02:30:32 pm »
I bring two jackets in case I destroy the jacket when I run into a tree or Ron misdiagnoses the direction of the wind. ;)
"Play it Sam"

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2007, 02:43:15 pm »
Lynn, no breaking trees for you and as far as Ron and the wind....He's been know to break wind....stand clear! Not sure if that's capable of changing the color of your ski jacket but to be safe, stay well downwind.

Come on Jim...eveyday change your outfit....Man, Stein really did leave a lasting impressoin on you!

Ok Jim...buy the pants,...I think they're about $165....I'll wear them everyday on the mountain...well unless I happen to get caught upwind of Ron.

Gary

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2007, 03:45:01 pm »
Ooohh, you WIN, Jim. Color coordinated with your goggle lens. I AM impressed. We will be expecting some hot skiing with that kind of coordination.
"Play it Sam"

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2007, 04:48:28 pm »
The spammers are making headway on the length section. Which one of you guys is ordering this stuff?  ;)
"Play it Sam"

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2007, 08:13:25 am »
Jim....first of all...your lens match your outfits. I'm thinking you should be president of the RS Styln' Club!

Still, your honesty tells much about your values and your ability to lure others into exposing their deepest inner most secrets before you unload on them....you're a sneaky one!

Ok....Ron has a father....me like you and the rest of the gang here are mere children at heart.? I just turned 58 going on 28.

and you my friend............. .....?

Here's what I'm finding at least at this age: each year my skiing skills have improved allowing me to challenge more of the mountain. I work hard at staying in shape and don't know if there's a threshold where my skiing stops improving. Just enjoying each season on the mountain and the friends I share the experiences with.

Now Ed is I think in his late 40's to early 50's and I think Rich is around my age young.

Jim, to address and put to rest any ski compatibility concerns you may have:
How would you describe your ski level where intermediate might be in my mind from a level 4-6, advanced level 7-8 and expert 9-10?

Unless you're still in a snow plow and stem Christi AND sticking to green trails, YOU GOT NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT.

This group is amazing, watchful and considerate! Now close your eyes and visualize an 8" powder day and you yahooing down a run!
Very cool ain't it!

Different color lenses to match your outfit Jim...you killing me here. Ron.....the bar has been raised!

G

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2007, 09:09:37 am »
I'll be 59 on Dec. 7th of this year.

Goggle lenses.? Have to confess that it wasn't planned that way.? Sequence of events.

I love Smith Turbo-Cam goggles (fan to blow air through and defog glasses).? Three years ago bought a pair in Rose Copper? ?The goggles from the outside appear rose colored, from the inside they look like a shooter's yellow,. a contrast enhancing color, but for high light.? I think their light transmission is 40% or somewhere.? I like them a lot.
My older jacket happens to be a shade of red.
Last year I bought another pair with the Sensor Mirror lens, a great low-light lens (Ron may have these as well).? From the outside they look blue, again the yellow from the inside.? Light transmission is 65%?
This summer I bought a blue Killy jacket (because it was 50% off and I liked all the bells and whistles and white stripes and I knew exactly what color of pants I was going to wear with it).

Wasn't until yesterday that I realized the matching characteristics.? I actually use the Rose Copper for bright light days and the Sensor Mirror (blue) for low light days, but plan to wear the blue jacket most of the time.

Skill Wise:? I think I'll be ok, and I'm ok with skiing a different slope than some of you.? There may be a little snow plow the first day, but no stem christie, and I remember and my feet come up to speed pretty quickly.? After the first day or so, I can probably ski most blacks, but prefer blue or blue/blacks.? Don't have a bump technique and have little off trail experience. I may be the least skilled skier in the group, but that just means that I have the most room for improvement.    8)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 09:36:51 am by jim-ratliff »
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2007, 09:13:21 am »
So many things to catch up on! ?

1- I do solemly swear to do my best to find proper faciltities for peeing this trip. The caveat is over on the far side o fthe mountain where there aren't any bathrooms or lifts for that matter.

2- Yes, you were very patient shopping for the pants, but I did need them (you didn't want me wearing black pants with the orange jacket?) ?2a- yes, about 165 will do for the TNF pants or similar.

3- I am only bringing the orange jacket and my green-camo pants: i will bring the white one if only to appease you!

4- Camp Cassara, I like it!

5- Gary is my very good firend and I don't think I look at him like a father, more like instructor- life-coach who has great wisdom.

6- I am 43 and will be 44 this February. Still very ADD and have my issues. I don't think any one in this group cares. All ski just fine and it won't be an issue. I ?was concerned I would hold the group back last season but evryone skied well together and if someone wants to venture off to different terrain or take a break, that's what the radios are for.

7- goggle color to match? fashoin before utility? ?Not sure if even I can agree with that one! (two goggles, one, low light, one all-purpose)

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2007, 09:19:41 am »
Jim, that's a good lineup. ?I am LOL right now. SAC just had the Smith Sensor Mirror but in Rose copper (my favorite lens for all condition) for $35.00!!!! ?They are 150 goggles. I bought a pair. So now we can match! ? ::)

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2007, 09:36:06 am »
Guys,

How about the new goggles on the market that adjust to the light conditions.

I'm thinking if there as good as the light adjustable regular glasses are...that's got to be the way to go.

What do you think?

G
PS
Peeing....use the green room and Ron...stop peeing on your skis...the frozen yellow snow is disgusting!
Good thing I've got the orange helmet cause ROn is wearing an orange jacket...still...yo u must bring the white pants...and how will they go with the orange jacket?

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2007, 09:47:05 am »
I haven't heard anything really good about those lenses for skiing but I will post over at Epic.

OK, we do have a potential problem:

gary: orange spyder jacket, Gray pants

Micheal: Orange TNF shell, identical gray pants!

Ron: Orange Sali shell- white/green pants

I may have to rethink my shell....

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2007, 12:35:39 pm »
Hey, it's the "3 Amigo's"!