Author Topic: 2nd Annual Real Skier Trip Update  (Read 1439 times)

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
2nd Annual Real Skier Trip Update
« on: April 10, 2007, 12:51:34 pm »
  Re: 2nd Annual Real Skiers Trip

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trying to keep this post "sticky"!

Ok gang..This so far makes up the Real Skiers committed to joining us at Steamboat Dec 15th - 20th this year.

Ron
Michael
Gary
Alice
Ed
Jim
Lynn
James

Looking to builid on our group for this event. Hoping more of you can make it.

Thanks,
Gary

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: 2nd Annual Real Skier Trip Update
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 02:43:04 pm »
Thats great, lets shoot for an even dozen! I think that max_501 may be going, not sure. Phil pugliese may be going as well. I think we should look at steamboat cat skiing, break out the fatties and pray for face shots!

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 08:54:50 pm »
I must bow out. Things are pretty rough here on the home front right now.
I will look forward to hearing about it, though.
Lynn
"Play it Sam"

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 05:46:38 am »
No need to make final decisions yet Lynn, Plenty of time. Hang in there! It would be great it you could make it. Someone needs to represent da' Bronx

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 12:35:05 pm »
Ok....If we get the snow...I'm in for cat skiing! Hopefully Max will let us know and great if Phil decides to come.

Brendan (from Australia) is considering it depending on his work schedule.

AND Lynn....we must talk....your presence is needed at the Boat!

G

Barrettscv

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007, 08:52:00 pm »
Hi Jim,

I am trying to be more sociable. I purchased the 165cm WC SC and plan on working on my short turns.

Having said this, I might get a 194cm Legend XXL as my soft snow ski.

Yeah baby!

Michael

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 08:15:21 am »
Hey Jim,

Please don't worry about ski speeds....there are many runs I just make nice slow cruising turns, short, medium, long...just to dance on the mountain.

SOme runs, I let the skis boogie....for the most part, making sweet turns at varied speeds is what I enjoy.  The other thing is I look to play with the different terrain shapes...looking for off camber terrain, small jumps, broken or deeper snow along the edges. I'm sure you'll be rocketing past me on runs you just want to open your boards up on. Ron likes the same kind of stuff as well.

At our last outing...it was very cool. Everyone looked out for each other, waited patiently, was supportive and it was just an awsome time. I really look forward to repeating the event.

Michael,  I'm trying to tie "socialbe" to the purchase of the 165 WCSC's...short turns makes you slower?
You'll be working up a sweat, getting a great leg workout and you'll still be waiting for us at the bottom. Looking forward to see all your new ski gear as well. Hey, I though you were using your Contacts as your soft snow skis? Some of you has certainly rub off on Ron cause he's out looking for some super fats....

I know it's too early,,....but I'm REALLY hoping Lynn will join us this year...I think it would be great for her to be with her Real SKier Brothers!

Any weather prognostications for this winter?

Best,
Gary

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 08:49:16 am »
It would be nice if Lynn could join us. Maybe in a few months she will be up to giving it some thought.

Jim, please come. This is not about how fast for sure. As Gary said, we all skied together in some form. There is a lot differing terrain in Steamboat, something for everyone.  Some runs we poke along and some we rip. I love trees and off-piste stuff but others may not. There are several good meet-up points and the mountain is layed out very well. You can ski blues blacks and trees all on the same area of the mountain, meet up at the bottom and ride the lifts together.

I think I can get some 2 bedroom condos for $250 a night, please let me know if anyone wants info.

Brendan

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2007, 10:11:31 pm »
Hi Guys,

All sounds very tempting - Gary thanks for keeping us posted on this.  At this point it looks unlikely - I do not know if I can get to Colorado until around Christmas but will let you know if things change.
Still having some snow here.  Gary to answer your question - conditons down under are a bit like east coast USA.  I often tell people that Australia has the world's best boiler plate BUT when it dumps the white fluffy stuff everyone is over the moon coz it ain't like Colorado or Japan where snow happens all the time.  So for us it is special.

All the best

Brendan

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2007, 03:15:21 pm »
Brendan, nice hearing from ya...
I do understand and if things change, let us know. Hey, if you're ever on the east coast anytime, give me a shout. ALice and I always have room for Real Skiers!  Western NY gets some pretty decent snow...not like out west but skiworthy, plus we have tons of great golf courses.

Snow here, guessing much like what you guys get, hard pack frist thing in the am..softens up by late morning, cushy and mushy piles rest of the day.....Hey, it's all good! When we get fresh snow, it can be pretty heavy and wet. But...just that every once in awhile we get some sweet powder...ROn remembers, Holiday Valley...Sweet 6-9" of  fresh dry for 2 days!

Celebrating July 4th here today in the USA...got some golf in...raining now, not sure about fire works tonight.

But for sure..we both live in great countries!

Best,
Gary

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2007, 08:21:53 am »
PLEase let me know who needs rooms. I can get 2 bedroom condos for 250 per night. These are in the same development as my unit; Canyon Creek. We are about 250 yards from the Gondola. All units are very nice with Fireplaces and more upscale finsihes. There is an awesome hot but and workout facility there as well as walking distance to shops, restaurants and ski shops! 

When you fly into to Hayden, take the Alpine shuttle. the number is 970-879-2800. There really is no need for a car there. The shuttles are around $50 R/T. 

gregmerz

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 200 Posts
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2007, 10:46:28 am »
PLEase let me know who needs rooms. I can get 2 bedroom condos for 250 per night. These are in the same development as my unit; Canyon Creek. We are about 250 yards from the Gondola. All units are very nice with Fireplaces and more upscale finsihes. There is an awesome hot but and workout facility there as well as walking distance to shops, restaurants and ski shops!?

When you fly into to Hayden, take the Alpine shuttle. the number is 970-879-2800. There really is no need for a car there. The shuttles are around $50 R/T.?

Ron,

I may be interested in this event.? I get to Steamboat at least once every year.? That's a great deal on the condos, is that readily available other than real high season of course ?

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2007, 02:02:46 pm »
Hey Greg...I'm pumped another Real Skier is thinking about joining us. Ron's got the connections on the rooms, I'm sure he'll be responding to you.

I've said it before....it was an awesome trip!

HOpe it works out....let us know once you know! Let us also know where you normally ski out of. We've got people coming from at least 5 states now.

Best,
Gary

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2007, 02:20:54 pm »
Once I get a count of what i need, i will get hard numbers for the condos. There are 2,3 & 4 bdrm units. The dates we are going are not actually prime, that starts right at Christmas.

happy to hear you are joining us.

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2007, 06:40:19 am »
BREAKING NEWS.......BREAKING NEWS............... ..BREAKING NEWS

LYNN IS COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   MORE TO FOLLOW