Author Topic: Skifahrwerk; a new plate and a new ski too!  (Read 685 times)

Barrettscv

Skifahrwerk; a new plate and a new ski too!
« on: April 19, 2006, 02:45:52 pm »
The Fischer website has a new plate for the Worldcup RC & SC models, They also show a new RX "Fire" model with a 123-66-102 sidecut. These are shown under "Products".

The Plate is called "Flowflex" (bowflex?) and it looks complex & expensive. I'm happy to have the older model with the universal plate and my color matching Rossignol Race 140 bindings.

http://www.fischer-ski.com/en/flowflex0506/

Cheers,

Michael

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

eyal_shahar

Re: Skifahrwerk; a new plate and a new ski too!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 06:53:04 am »
Hi Michael,
I failed to find any reference to skis named "Fire" of the Fischer site.
Even Googleing yield nothing.? Have I missed anything?? :-[
Eyal.

Barrettscv

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 01:31:22 pm »
Its requires multiple hyperlinks, but its there. Click on "Product Info" then click on "Products".

At that point the three Flowflex models are displayed, the RC, SC and the new RX Fire. The RX Fire has a 123=66=102mm sidecut, and comes in 155, 160, 165, & 170cm lengths.

Cheers,

Michael

eyal_shahar

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 02:07:05 pm »
Found it.? Thanks.? ?
Is it a one unit? Ski + bindings?? It?s doesn?t look like bindings that could be transfer to other skis.

Barrettscv

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 08:37:50 am »
Found it.? Thanks.? ?
Is it a one unit? Ski + bindings?? It?s doesn?t look like bindings that could be transfer to other skis.

I agree, it looks like the ski has fasteners embedded to permit the plate installation at the factory. I hope Fischer also sells a "flat" version of these skis. I'm skeptical about complex-integrated systems, many are not superior to a good "flat" ski with a compact binding like the older Looks & Rossignols.

I doubt if this is an improvement over Railflex of Freeflex bindings now available, and I'm sure the cost will be greater.

Cheers,

Michael
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 08:12:53 am by Barrettscv »

eyal_shahar

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2006, 02:12:39 pm »
Do you know of any other manufacturer who ever tried to add ?suspensions? to the ski/bindings combination?? It makes sense.? The question is, can they make them work right at an acceptable cost, don?t you think?? Are they out yet?? Any word about pricing?? Any reviews?? ????

Barrettscv

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2006, 09:29:23 am »
Do you know of any other manufacturer who ever tried to add ?suspensions? to the ski/bindings combination?? It makes sense.? The question is, can they make them work right at an acceptable cost, don?t you think?? Are they out yet?? Any word about pricing?? Any reviews?? ????

Hi Eyal,

The Marker Piston Control uses pistons to manage flex and vibration.

"Located in the center of the interface, the integrated
hydraulic oil piston provides the ultimate control between the
boot, binding and ski. It effectively eliminates negative
vibrations and oscillations during the counter-flex of the ski.
The ski is quiet, smooth and distortion-free."

http://www.markerusa.com/binding_techinfo-performance.html

The iPT system gets the best reviews, however this is one of those products that polarize users; Some love 'em others hate 'em.

I do not like the sensation of a floating toe on a ski. This limits my enthusiasm for recreational free-flexing bindings except for the Look/Dynastar skis with a fixed toe and a floating heel. However the advantages of free flex, including unrestricted ski flex and flexible binding placement without redrilling the ski, are great benefits.

It tend to accept freeflex bindings on all-mountain ski. The advantages of free-flex out weight the negatives in variable skiing. On a hard-snow racing ski, I would rather not have a recreational free-flex binding. I want a direct connection to the ski and I am convinced that this improves edgegrip and feedback.

Cheers,

Michael

eyal_shahar

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2006, 12:30:17 pm »
I have found this one:

http://www.sportsgearguide.com/press/ISPOWinter2006/ski.shtml

They say:     
"Flowflex is a new plate system where nothing from the aluminum plate is screwed on the ski.
The plate is gliding on a T-shaped rail and is fixed in the middle.
The Flowflex is available on the Worldcup RC and SC as well as on the RX Fire cross ski. "

[attachment deleted by admin]

Barrettscv

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2006, 02:08:28 pm »
Impressive!

Also, the website is worth a tour. Something new from most manufacturers!

Michael
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 02:18:13 pm by Barrettscv »

calskico

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2007, 10:16:32 pm »

Check out the Claw eki from Maine. http://www.clawskis.com/

eyal_shahar

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2007, 01:39:08 am »
Now you tell me. 
I was in Jay, Maine last October to buy ski boots for my wife and for my self.
I also bought there my RX8 and my wife?s RX6, all thanks to Michael!  :D
Now I will HAVE to fly there again to check things out for myself.
Thanks for letting us know, I will read about it.  Are they related to ski-depot?

Barrettscv

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2007, 07:49:18 am »
Hi Eyal,

How are you? Let us know your plans for this season.

Michael

eyal_shahar

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2007, 09:08:03 am »
Hi Eyal,

How are you? Let us know your plans for this season.

Michael

Hello Michael,
We already have reservations for a La-Plagen, France for the beginning of February.? ?;D
We just bought new boots for my wife (the NORDICA GTS 8/W) and let?s not forget her new RX6@150 cm?? ?;) So, we can?t wait.? :'(
Other than that, I?m looking into the option of a family reunion with her folks.? Mid winter in New England looks perfect to me. What do you think?? ;)
I?ll keep you posted on that one? 8)