Author Topic: Skifahrwerk; a new plate and a new ski too!  (Read 689 times)

Barrettscv

Re: Skifahrwerk; a new plate and a new ski too!
« on: April 30, 2006, 09:29:23 am »
Do you know of any other manufacturer who ever tried to add ?suspensions? to the ski/bindings combination?? It makes sense.? The question is, can they make them work right at an acceptable cost, don?t you think?? Are they out yet?? Any word about pricing?? Any reviews?? ????

Hi Eyal,

The Marker Piston Control uses pistons to manage flex and vibration.

"Located in the center of the interface, the integrated
hydraulic oil piston provides the ultimate control between the
boot, binding and ski. It effectively eliminates negative
vibrations and oscillations during the counter-flex of the ski.
The ski is quiet, smooth and distortion-free."

http://www.markerusa.com/binding_techinfo-performance.html

The iPT system gets the best reviews, however this is one of those products that polarize users; Some love 'em others hate 'em.

I do not like the sensation of a floating toe on a ski. This limits my enthusiasm for recreational free-flexing bindings except for the Look/Dynastar skis with a fixed toe and a floating heel. However the advantages of free flex, including unrestricted ski flex and flexible binding placement without redrilling the ski, are great benefits.

It tend to accept freeflex bindings on all-mountain ski. The advantages of free-flex out weight the negatives in variable skiing. On a hard-snow racing ski, I would rather not have a recreational free-flex binding. I want a direct connection to the ski and I am convinced that this improves edgegrip and feedback.

Cheers,

Michael