Author Topic: Stockli Stormrider DP Pro 193cm  (Read 494 times)

AndrewR

Stockli Stormrider DP Pro 193cm
« on: February 07, 2007, 07:30:05 am »
I got these as a present to myself (which is why the Blizzards are for sale) and to present a united front to the world (ie I ski Stockli because I like the way they ski).

Had my first day on them at Beaver Creek after waiting three weeks for decent powder snow. 10" seemed like perfect conditions to rest them in?

They are sublime, float through anything, carve beautifully and hold a good edge on the small amount of hard snow that we found (Beaver Creek - yes they will groom when it is snowing and they do not necessarily think that 10+ inches on a black run is a good thing - crazy place).

The draw back is that one tends to ski faster than the average mountain safety chap is happier with, although in perfect control as it is easy to change one's line and if necessary stop.

The sheer grin factor of having a high speed powder carve on these skis is incredible. I hope I can get a decent back bowl hike the next time it snows properly or save up for an end of season heli ski to really let these babies run at full speed.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

AndrewR

Re: Stockli Stormrider DP Pro 193cm
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 03:54:32 pm »
Had another 8-10" day at Keystone. I went out the Outback as early as possible, warmed up in the trees on skier's left of Elk Run whilst waiting for the patrol to open the Saddle. High traverse from end of rope into the trees towards North Bowl. Drop into a run I have never been on (Victory Chutes), ski knee deep with waist deep stashes and put down first, second and third tracks - lapping as fast as possible before more people turn up. Drop small cliff, and stick landing, try a new line on fifth lap and skis sink as I pop to turn and I end up doing the tip to tail/ ground-sky-ground thing for three complete forward flips and then ski out. Awesome.

14 runs and home by 1pm. Easy to ski, making deep powder a real pleasure and chop straight through any chopped up conditions elsewhere.

I love these skis and wish that there were more days like the other Wednesday so I could get the best out of them more often.

robpatterson5

Re: Stockli Stormrider DP Pro 193cm
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 06:49:33 pm »
MEC has these, are they OK w/ alpine bindings or are alpine bindings too much?