Author Topic: HEAD 72 Review  (Read 1467 times)

wlennox

Re: HEAD 72 Review
« on: April 23, 2006, 08:54:38 pm »
I love these skis!? I have never felt more in control of my skis in any/all conditions.? For the first time, I've experienced the wow factor of shaped skis.?

I was very disappointed with my first pair of shaped skis (Atomic 9.18 beta carv) that I purchased a few years ago (without doing enough research).

So, this time, I spent some time with the realskiers website.? I narrowed down my choices to this ski, the Vokl Unlimited AC3, and a few other all mountain skis.? Unfortunately, I wasn't able to demo any of them before my annual trip to Utah; so, I had to base my decision solely on the reviews posted (and, of course, price).?

From what I could find in New Jersey, the Elan Magfire 10 was closest in price (and the Vokl was $200 more), but I purchased the 72s based on the review.?

Over the 3 days I was in Utah, we had a very diverse set of conditions: packed powder, icy hardpack, loose granular, and 8" of powder.? ?These skis handled it all flawlessly.? My favorite place to ski is in the trees, and I was very impressed with the way these skis responded.?

Next year I'll be back when I look for new boots.? Thanks for all the help!

Bill