Skis and Gear Discussion > The Neutral Zone -- Open Discussion on anything

I'm really enjoying the NEW Expert skier site! Thinking gear choices...

(1/3) > >>

Liam:
Don't know if you guys have seen it yet, but P Keelty has teamed up with Jackson Hogen and revamped the venerable ski gear site that gave birth to this forum long ago.

It reads really well, and, with the influence of Hogen, it looks like Peter has finally come around on wider skis.

That said,  I'm thinking about my gear choices for the season.....I need a new hard snow/ mixed day ski and I think I am going to grab the K2 rictor 82xti....anyone try the revamped 2014 model?

Liam

LivingProof:
Liam,

I've never been a paid member of the Real Skiers site for ski reviews. A post on Epic pointed out the Real Skiers site has been redone for this year and that Jackson Hogan is participating or partnering with Peter Kelty. I think if you are internet ski site savey there is a ton of information about new skis, and, in the end, you just have to get on a ski yourself. I believe I met Jackson at the Epic Tahoe gathering, he's a very entertaining gentleman.

With respect to the K2 richtor 82, I have no experience. I recently had a conversation with Philpug about K2 skis and expressed my opinion that he did not seem to be a fan of that line. To my surprise, he was very positive about his recent demo experiences with K2 and found them to be very nice to ski. He stated that K2 wanted their nitch to be known for skis that were a pleasure to ski by the public. That says nothing about the ski you are considering.

Just curious, but how did you choose that ski? Correctly or incorrectly, I think that patrollers think about their skis a little different than the skiing public, in that, a pair has to work for a patroller doing sled work, or, in all sorts of conditions, including the somewhat controlled manner the public observes when watching you and your peers.

Liam:
LP,

couple of reasons..1. The shop I am affiliated with moves a lot of K2's and 2. The New Rictor line (2014) had a nice buzz, and with everybody and their brother talking about the Brahma, I thought going with a brand that has lost some luster with the cool kids has some appeal.  Also, I liked the reviews I read on RS.  And I skied the rictor last year (and the impact) and thought they were great no-nonense skis.

My other plan is to get the Ski Logik Occams Razor, again, I have skied them, they are great (for what they are) and they're not the sort of ski people salivate over anymore. The razor with the Shaman (in similar lengths) how's that for a focused east coast quiver?

I would also like to try or get more info on the new icelantic SKNY line...the Shaman SKNY could be a really great ski (I love the regular Shaman).  But maybe much of the magic gets lost with the narrower ski...it's a hard one to track down..  Maybe run it with my Howitzer...

Just some musing as the nights get colder.

LivingProof:

--- Quote from: Liam on September 18, 2013, 09:29:20 pm ---
Just some musing as the nights get colder.

--- End quote ---

Liam

A common malady for we skiers this time of year. My Head Rev 85's will spend this winter in the Pacific northwest, so a hole exists in my quiver...again.

Svend:

--- Quote from: LivingProof on September 19, 2013, 07:18:10 am ---Liam

A common malady for we skiers this time of year. My Head Rev 85's will spend this winter in the Pacific northwest, so a hole exists in my quiver...again.

--- End quote ---

How sad....separated from a beloved pair of skis.  What's up with that? Did you sell them? Loaned to a friend? Stored at a friend's, awaiting your return?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version