Author Topic: Head Rev 85 review  (Read 3031 times)

hobbes

• <100 Posts
Re: Head Rev 85 review
« on: March 11, 2013, 11:56:24 am »
Yes, probably so (depending on a number of things, including your level, the tune, and the binding location).  One web site with reviews called the Rev 80 the "entry level Rev", the Rev 80 Pro the ski "for fast, energetic, skilled skiers", and the Rev 85 Pro as a "truly great all-around 1-quiver ski".  In the Head line, the current SuperShape Titan with a 78 mm waist is also a better ski than the Rev 80.  In last year models, the Peak 78 Pro and Peak 84 Pro are also very good skis and worth a demo is you find them.

And welcome to PeakSkiers -- tell us a bit about yourself??

Did not realize there were 2 different Rev 80 models! :o  Checked Head's catalog info., and it looks like I demo'd the Rev 80 Pro ... must have been the tune.

About Me - I ski WAY TOO LITTLE, as I currently live in NC.  Getting out 12-18 days per season, primarily in Vermont ... Smugglers' Notch, Killington and occasionally Stratton/Bromley.  165 lbs., 50 y.o., and, according to the last ski pro I took a lesson with, a low-Level 8 skier (I always call my self an upper Level 7/lower Level 8 to have some room for error!)  I have a serious ski gear disease/obsession, even though I have absolutely no excuse based on how little I ski!