Author Topic: New Ride - Elan Waveflex 12  (Read 637 times)

Svend

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: New Ride - Elan Waveflex 12
« on: March 18, 2013, 08:09:39 pm »
Jim,
Definitely looking at the progressor 8 and 9.

Gary,
You already compared and contrasted with the MX when I re-read your original post.  Still any thoughts about frontside skis in general by the forum welcome.

Perry, I skied the Progressor 9 for a couple of seasons and can wholeheartedly recommend it.  Very quick and agile, light on the snow, but completely calms down at high speed.  No speed limit.  Excellent ski.  Check out also the Progressor 10 from last year - slightly wider, only one layer Ti (vs. 2 layers in the P-9), but equally highly rated.

As for other brands, I am a big fan of Nordica -- I own the Mach 3 from a few years ago...fantastic edge hold; silky feel on the snow, bulletproof in crud...an excellent ski.  It is no longer made, but their Spitfire line has been winning reviews for years - definitely worth a look.  There are at least 4 models now, each with varying amounts of stiffness, Ti layers, etc..  Dual radius sidecut like the Progressors.

Dynastar has a Cross Ti ski that has a very similar feel to my Nordica Mach 3 - I skied one a few years ago and really liked it.  More med - long radius oriented, but very smooth and stable, damp, quiet, high speed limit, great on ice and crud.  Very versatile.

Hope this helps....and have fun in the hunt.