Author Topic: Footbeds for teenagers; forefoot pain  (Read 1268 times)

Svend

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Footbeds for teenagers; forefoot pain
« on: January 02, 2013, 09:27:33 am »
HA, Jim - thanks for the info on the Instaprint and Downunder beds.  I have not seen them here in Canada, although there seems to be a new brand available that does something similar to Instaprint.  Can't recall if it's A-Line or Footbalance....both are new on the market here, and now sold by the ski shops in Collingwood.  I will take her to the shop tomorrow for the toe punch-out and will then look at our footbed options.  Will post back here with what we find.

HA - we do intend to take her to a podiatrist as soon as possible.  As mentioned, she has had some bad ankle sprains from soccer, one of which (summer 2011) involved her instep area.  She would do well with a thorough check-up to make sure everything is in order.  I sure hope it's not a full-blown neuroma, as my understanding is that they can be difficult to get rid of permanently. 

I've settled on using Downunder footbeds with my kids.  HH sells them in his shop and I also use them myself in a couple pairs of boots.

AHA! So there is someone here with a boot quiver! I knew it! I asked the question in the Krypton thread, and got mostly stony silence and a couple of "Huh?!  ???" responses.  Too funny....   ;D