Author Topic: Some Basic Thoughts on Good Ski boot Fit  (Read 1956 times)

HighAngles

• 1 Year Member
  • 200 Posts
Re: Some Basic Thoughts on Good Ski boot Fit
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2013, 04:02:11 pm »
I've got a bit of a "rep" for being highly opinionated and sometimes controversial.  While skiing today and observing other skiers booting up in the morning I had a thought and figured I would share it with our small community to see how it "plays".  ;)

My observation (and assumption) is that if you can put on and take off your ski boots without putting the liner on first and having to take your foot out of the boot with the liner on, then either:

1. Your boots are too big and/or too soft
2. Your liner isn't capable of doing what it should be doing for establishing true foot control within the shell

After downsizing 2 full sizes and moving to ZipFit and Intuition liners, I cannot possibly get into my boots without putting on the liners first.  I also can't get the boots off without taking the liner out along with my foot.  So my assumption is that either many skiers don't really know what a truly good tight fit is, or they're just not interested in having that much control through the interface of their foot with their boots.

I also offer that the mere act of continually taking a boot on and off without removing the liners will actually decrease the liner's ability to really achieve strong ankle/heel hold down and will most certainly hasten the life of the liner.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 04:03:12 pm by HighAngles »