Author Topic: Lessons at Durango Questions  (Read 883 times)

byronm

• 100 Posts
Re: Lessons at Durango Questions
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2012, 06:49:17 pm »
Gary..I could do that. In fact I was seriously thinking I could send a similar pic to Salomon to see if perhaps they would sponser me or feature my keenly chiseled 139 lb frame in some type of advertising for remuneration.

However, its more likely the "caption" would read "one flew under the cuckoo's nest" followed by a referal to Bellevue...Hit Me..Hit Me.. ;D

Leg feels surprisingly good. After last night I am very optomistic. Luckily, the affected area is about 2.5" down from the top of the tongue. Started with the boot undone at the top, all good, then tried to wrap it with an ace (no bueno) hurt worse. Ultimately, put on my compression socks, buckled very moderately and worked good.

I have to work out some boot issues but I am rarin to go........ 8) 

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2012, 05:44:17 am »
Byronm..... I'm re-thinking.... you should send that pic to Salomon with just your compression shorts on...this way the world might see that chiseled frame on a ski calendar...oh yeah....we discovered you here!  8) 

Sounds great with the leg and boot. "Hey, what pain dude...we're skiing!"

So...when and where is your first day on snow?

Merry Christmas B....G

byronm

• 100 Posts
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2012, 10:56:17 am »
Yea. I'm pretty certain that calendar wouldn't adorn the walls of too many shops across the country... :-X
I have to hold down the fort here until the 28th or so. Then the plan is to head north on the 29th/30th to Durango. The only thing that might change is when I get outside of Flagstaff...If a wild hair presents itself...I could push north into Utah and hit Snowbird. Longer drive but perhaps better services in terms of bootfitting and from all accounts, better snow right now.
Merry Christmas....

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2012, 11:36:05 am »
Byron:
If you go to Snowbird, I've heard that Steve Bagley is an excellent boot fitter.
Also, you could contact Peter Keelty for a lesson/consulting.
I have no idea how expensive, but he had worked with Harald AND John Clendenin plus his own thoughts.
I think Gary had skied with Peter.
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2012, 02:06:14 pm »
You Nomad... Bryronm! Pack up the camels and head for the nearest watering hole...that's living baby!

Yup, I've skied with Peter and he's fun and loves skiing fast...not sure he's teaching but he's a great guy that has seen and done a lot!

Hope all are enjoing the holiday.
G