Author Topic: An exercise in MA.  (Read 859 times)

bushwacka

• Instructor
  • 400 Posts
An exercise in MA.
« on: December 21, 2012, 05:12:13 am »
Quote from: gandalf

The original post content has been deleted. 

Bushwacka  posted a link requesting MA for another skier (member of this forum) without that skiers request or permission and with no productive or respectful intent.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 10:06:23 am by jim-ratliff »

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: An exercise in MA.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 07:47:00 am »

an open message to Josh:

Josh, I would like you to refrain from posting to this forum for the remainder of this year and until I can discuss the lack of respect that has become so commonplace with the other moderators.

I find the blatant disrespect you exhibited in this thread and in a couple of posts that I deleted yesterday really disturbing.  And, while I have enjoyed some of your contributions, you certainly haven't manned up to even our simple requirements for decency and respect for the other members.

Jim Ratliff

« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 10:12:52 am by jim-ratliff »
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."

gandalf

• Administrator
  • <100 Posts
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 12:52:07 am »
I want to make everyone aware that Bushwacka has been blocked from contributing to this forum.

On Jan. 1, after a 10 day temporary ban, Midwif communicated to Josh that further participation in the forum would require acknowledgement and acceptance of responsibility for choosing to violate the single forum guideline, "respect for fellow forum members."

We then disabled the temporary ban on his account to allow him to comply if he so decided.

The course of action he chose was to ignore our requirement and to post as if nothing had happened.

That course of action (and the implicit disrespect therein) is as unacceptable as were his offensive decisions and actions of Dec. 21st.

We wish Josh success and good health in his future skiing and biking activities.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 01:21:48 am by jim-ratliff »

Liam

• Ski Shop/Ski Patrol
  • 200 Posts
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 11:30:55 am »
Well.

I guess I'm not surprised (Josh never seems to know when to pull it back), but still, I think he does add quite a bit of color to a small forum.

He has a unique perspective on skiing, and sometimes I preferred his direct confrontational approach to the often passive-aggressive approach that sometimes slides on these forums without any official sanction.

I never got to read Josh's most inflammatory posts on this site as they were moderated out pretty quickly, but similar antics have yielded similar results elsewhere.

Oh well, I'll miss him around here.

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 12:06:56 pm »
Ditto....

G

Svend

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 12:33:29 pm »
Liam - I also fully agree.  It seems Josh crossed the line once too many times here, and it must have been a doozie to snap the patience of the moderators here.  On that note, I want to highlight that the moderators showed him a lot of elbow room here, and rather than censure him for some of his more inflammatory posts, actually tried to coach and mentor him in forum etiquette in order to make him an all-round valued contributor.  Jim, especially, deserves credit for this. 

OTOH, he p***ed a lot of people off, including me on occasion.  But he was also generous of his time and gave some great advice on many subjects.  I too will miss his perspective on skiing and cycling, which were refreshing and definitely not pedantic.  At least when he got confrontational, it was all out in the open, in your face what-you-see-is-what-you-get.  I'll take that any day over contrariness and passive-aggressive attitudes.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 12:36:59 pm by Svend »

LivingProof

• Global Moderator
  • 400 Posts
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 06:59:11 am »
The sad irony is Bushwacker is "rolling on the floor, laughing his ass off" at the mess he leaves behind in the old people's ski forum. A modern ski-bum, something many of us wish we had done, at least for one season, in our youth. For sure, he hears the beat of a different drum.

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 10:00:17 am »
Hmmm.... I don't think its a mess.
It's just another dust-up.

And I am sure all the lurkers from different sites are enjoying it as well. ;)
Why Not? ;D

It's just skiing. A wonderful sport, passionately felt, but it's not  on the road to a cancer cure!

BW can have as much enjoyment out of  it as he wishes. This is the path HE CHOSE. If that is what satisfies him, good for him.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 07:17:42 pm by midwif »
"Play it Sam"