Author Topic: Dynstar Outland 87 and Atomic Nomad Blackeye Ti  (Read 1307 times)

Svend

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Dynstar Outland 87 and Atomic Nomad Blackeye Ti
« on: January 01, 2013, 09:04:48 am »
HA - as you noted, I was not trying to compare the Blackeye to the Outland.  They are intended to be viewed as separate and distinct reviews.  I did enjoy the Blackeye, though.  It would make a great eastern all-mtn ski.

Sorry to hear that Dynastar has not tweaked your interest.  I have tried an number of their skis over the years, and have liked several, but have also disliked a few.  I own the Mythic Rider, which I really like, although the Outland 87 is superior to it in many ways.  I liked the Sultan 94 for its solid, smooth, unshakable feel, but it would take a strong and/or heavy skier to make it come alive.  The Sultan 85 was too light for my taste, but fun nevertheless.  I had a blast on the Contact Cross Ti from a few years ago - a great ski; seems to be similar to the current Speed Cross Ti.  I intensely disliked the Contact 4x4 - way too stiff and heavy feeling, like skiing on a couple of 2x4's (pardon the pun  ;D). 

By comparison, I would say the Outland 87 is the most playful feeling of the bunch (with the possible exception of the Sultan 85), yet still maintains that solid, dependable, predictable go-anywhere feel that I like about Dynastar skis.  I'd be interested to hear your impressions if you try a pair. 

I would love to try the Speed Course Ti, the electric blue ski - it is supposed to be fantastic.

Speaking of Scott skis, I would love to try the Crusade, but doubt I will ever find one here in Canada to demo.  I have only read glowing reviews on those.  Apparently as capable and fun on the hard pack as it is off-piste.  How do you like yours?

« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 09:08:16 am by Svend »