Author Topic: Sidecut??  (Read 1345 times)

ToddW

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 200 Posts
Re: Sidecut??
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2013, 12:36:03 pm »
Gary,

Sounds great.  But does Mrs. Gary know about this obsession?  And does your calculator handle multi-valued functions -- personally I want a full quiver of options to prevent boredom and match daily conditions :D

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2013, 12:58:24 pm »
Todd:
Be careful what you ask for.  My understanding is that a "quiver of significant others" may be much higher maintenance than a mere quiver of skis.   :o 
Both will require periodic waxing and "tuning" but the skis seldom care about diamonds and fur coats and they seldom get jealous.
On the other hand, to this day on ski trips, Midwif makes Elvira sleep in the car.   ;)   No matter how cold it might be out there.
Jim
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 01:01:01 pm by jim-ratliff »
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2013, 02:02:39 pm »
Gentlemen and Jim too.... :o

I am fortunate enough to be able to use my lovely wife for a template for all who seek soulful bliss on and off snow!

(Gesh....I've got to get her to read this....)

And yes Jim....I might acknowledge in my case, with all calculations in...I'm with the "ski of the lifetime" certainly applies.

AND Todd, as to having a quiver full of options .....I'm sure it's exhausting, expensive and most likely require way too many modifications!  :P

Now if you both want to put your money where I can access it....I'd be happy to prepare the calculations that most likely apply to you gents. :D

In the meantime...in an effort to find my center balance....I'm packing my stuff and heading to snow Thursday..me very happy....well I'd be much happier if it was dumping...but 7 days of skiing....our bubbles are about to be centered!
Best,
G
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 02:29:19 pm by Gary »

ToddW

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 200 Posts
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2013, 02:31:08 pm »

Be careful what you ask for.  My understanding is that a "quiver of significant others" may be much higher maintenance than a mere quiver of skis.   :o 

Jim,

Upon reflection, I do see how your concern could apply to some unfortunates.  A full quiver could indeed be a challenge for a lesser man ....  :P

PS I think it's perfectly okay for Midwif to make Mariella sleep in the car on Midwif's nights inside.  No doubt Mariella insists that Midwif do the same when it's her turn.

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2013, 03:05:32 pm »
Jim,

Upon reflection, I do see how your concern could apply to some unfortunates.  A full quiver could indeed be a challenge for a lesser man ....  :P

PS I think it's perfectly okay for Midwif to make Mariella sleep in the car on Midwif's nights inside.  No doubt Mariella insists that Midwif do the same when it's her turn.

This says it all.
ROFLMAO animated emoticon

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2013, 03:16:51 pm »

For those of you without the cutting edged Total Recall that Todd has, a picture of Mariella (in the buff) for your edification.  Todd has an amazing ability to recall old discussions and detail at just the right time.  The actual art work is called Elvira.  I didn't like that name, so chose to call mine Mariella.  The skis are now 2 years old; and still Todd remembered and subtly substituted from the name I posted to what Midwif and I actually call them.
 ???  Doesn't everyone name their skis ???  My GPS is called Tanya Toyota!!

« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 03:40:30 pm by jim-ratliff »

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2013, 03:23:05 pm »
Gentlemen and Jim too.... :o

I am fortunate enough to be able to use my lovely wife for a template for all who seek soulful bliss on and off snow!

(Gesh....I've got to get her to read this....)

Best,
G
Gary: 
I hope that this "template" idea works out for you much better than your previous efforts.
Do you remember this?
Gentleman Jim.

[old attachment deleted - file maintenance]
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 03:42:04 pm by jim-ratliff »

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2013, 03:31:07 pm »
Lynn's Ski Logiks (customer graphics).

[old attachment deleted - file maintenance]
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 03:48:00 pm by jim-ratliff »

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2013, 01:20:28 pm »
Ok Jim....you have way too much time on your hands.....and when you and Lynn are done with your

hot sexy sheep (which I"m sure you've already named)....Hmmmm...I must say she's not the exact template I was referring to and ....

Alice is not into sheep...although she might look twice at the shoes!  :o 

DUDE....SkiLogic sure do make purrty skis!   8)

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2013, 02:15:31 pm »

Enjoy your week of skiing. Lynn and I have 10 days in Colorado starting the 26th.

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2013, 02:47:05 pm »
Thanks Jim, have a great time...and hugs to Lynn for me!

Best, g