Author Topic: Fore Aft Balance and how to get there.  (Read 3705 times)

dan.boisvert

• 100 Posts
Re: Fore Aft Balance and how to get there.
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2013, 04:49:07 am »
My wife went from basically not skiing, to "hey let's go skiing" when I changed her bindings from toes down to flat. Her Tyrolia bindings were 8mm toes down and her quads would be burning within minutes of putting her skis on. With her KTi bindings which are darn close to flat, she is good to go. Huge difference, and there is no amount of coaching that could have made that change for her. She isn't the only one.

This sounds like it was certainly a win for her (and you!).

Did you consider a more upright boot that wouldn't require her to be so far forward, and perhaps a stiffer one, that would support her better when she got there?

I have a pair of touring boots with two settings for forward lean.  If I put them in the less upright one, I feel similarly to how you described your wife, because the boot pulls my knee way forward, and then provides no support for me when I'm there.  It's a pretty bad combo.  They're much better in the more upright setting, though still much softer than I'd like.  Dynafit TLT 5P's are on my list for Santa next year.. :D

Don't worry, Todd.  If I ever get it figured out, you'll be the first to know, and I'll be happy to share.  I figure most good racers are skiing really well by the time they're 20, having started skiing at 3.  I've been skiing for about 7 years, I think, so another 10 and I should have no excuse!