Author Topic: Hutchinson Protect'Air  (Read 360 times)

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Hutchinson Protect'Air
« on: November 19, 2012, 10:12:33 pm »
I was surprised to finally realize that the cap on the 120 ml bottle of Fast'Air Protect'Air is designed to fit over a Presta valve. Just remove the valve core, turn the bottle upside down, push it over the valve, and squeeze the bottle.
Much cleaner and simpler than Stan's separate injector, and much cleaner than pouring the liquid into the tire before seating the bead.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 12:33:18 am by jim-ratliff »
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Svend

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Hutchinson Fast'Air
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 10:14:23 am »
Good one! Thanks for the tip.  Now if only I could find this stuff here, or even Geax sealant, I would happily go tubeless.  All the stores here have only Stans, and after hearing of Liam and Josh's experiences with that stuff, I am disinclined to use it.  Even the US online stores that I checked do not have Hutch or Geax.  Where do you get yours? Local shop or online?

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 11:17:46 am »
I found Vittorio pit stop at a local road bike store, and the Hutchinson Fast'Air is carried at the local Performance bike store. Those are both pressurized, so shipping is slow.
Hutchinson Protect'Air I go online, this time directly from Amazon. (and 16 CO2 cartridges for less than $5).
Vittorio is same as Geax, so maybe look in road bike store or a triathlete specific store. I hear that Geax is VERY popular with high level triathletes for preventive use in racing tubulars.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 06:21:40 pm by jim-ratliff »
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."

Svend

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 09:09:13 pm »
Thanks Jim.  Never thought to check Amazon.  Will take a look there soon.  I'd prefer a local source, but none is to be found nearby.