Author Topic: Fun Freeskiing!!  (Read 528 times)

jbotti

• 6+ Year Member
  • 400 Posts
Fun Freeskiing!!
« on: October 16, 2012, 10:28:31 am »
Here is some video to get everyone pumped for the ski season. Loveland opens today so the season has officially arrived. These are some guys freeskiing and doing some gate practice (the last guy Is Girgio Rocca). Ceratinly a wonderful mental image for us to carry into ski season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=Wop_Zc0x1Sc&feature=fvwp
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 11:26:11 am by jbotti »

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

HighAngles

• 1 Year Member
  • 200 Posts
Re: Fun Freeskiing!!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 07:12:17 am »
Hmmm, I'm not so sure about the second video posted by Max.  The first two videos were nice, but there's just too much of a huge up move on the skier in the last video.

HighAngles

• 1 Year Member
  • 200 Posts
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 07:06:31 pm »
Look at the outside leg. Does it flex (even 1mm)? If so there is no up move.

I suspect what you are seeing is the arm pump which is a race inspired recentering move.

I guess my MA skills need some preseason tweaking because I re-watched that 2nd video and I'm still seeing a very crouched position at the apex of the turns and almost full extension through transition (with very pronounced "bouncing" from side to side).  Start watching the turns from about 0:32 in.  If that's not what's happening then I really need to be schooled on what's actually going on in this skiing.  It looks nothing like HH to me.

HighAngles

• 1 Year Member
  • 200 Posts
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 07:16:47 am »
:32 to :42 shows a HUGE retraction to release.
OK, I slowed it down and watched it frame by frame (you can do that on youtube using your arrow keys) and I now see exactly what you're saying.  I just couldn't see it at full speed because the skiing was so much more dynamic than I'm used to seeing.

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 08:44:19 am »
OK, I slowed it down and watched it frame by frame (you can do that on youtube using your arrow keys).
WOW, I didn't know that. Thanks.
Of course, my tablet doesn't have arrow keys so I may have to actually sit down in front of my computer.
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."