Author Topic: Carbon bars, seatpost  (Read 740 times)

Svend

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Carbon bars, seatpost
« on: September 04, 2012, 06:03:43 pm »
Perhaps.....she is running ~30 psi in the 2.0 Arrojo (rear tire) right now, with tubes  ;D  Same for the front tire, which is a 2.1 Slant Six, but significantly larger volume.  That seems a reasonable pressure, even by tubeless standards.  So far, not a single pinch flat at those pressures, for either front or rear.  Not sure if a larger volume rear tire will allow a lower pressure.  Depends on the sidewall thickness.  I will be putting on a 2.2 Saguaro, likely the TNT version, so that should be possible.  I am also looking at converting her Crossride wheels to tubeless -- according to what I have found on the web, this should be easily doable even though they are not tubeless-ready.  The problem I am having right now is finding Hutchinson or Geax sealant (the long-lasting stuff) -- all the stores here have only Stans, and I am not interesting in fussing with this every few months.

But we digress....back to carbon posts and bars....  Have you found that carbon bike parts are overly fragile? Or sturdy and durable, in general?

« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 12:31:29 am by Svend »