Author Topic: Improve Ankle Flexibility: Great Exercise  (Read 1863 times)

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Improve Ankle Flexibility: Great Exercise
« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2009, 10:15:06 am »
where will you ski on this ski?  Pow. crud, goomers combo?  What do you want out of the ski?  float, carveability, combo, crud busting.   Flex- stiff, medium, softer?  Rocker/ early rise, traditional?  Lots of choices out there and some may like more float, others not so much but value stability.

LivingProof

• Global Moderator
  • 400 Posts
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2009, 07:56:41 am »
Ron,
No specific plans for a new ski. My simple goal this year is to a) ski all year and b) get better using what I've got.

Having said the above, if I come across a deal like Gary got for his Icelantic's, well ........ :P

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2009, 08:59:22 am »
you still may be able to find a 179 Pilgrim from last season for 299. I know of some 169's that are about the same price as well.

ToddW

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 200 Posts
« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2012, 06:40:14 pm »
As Lynn said on page 5 of this thread,

Damn, we need snow
-midwif

With only about 90 days left until opening day, jbotti's opening post in this thread is worth a re-read.  It's time to break out the balance toys, slant boards, Harb Carvers, or whatever dryland preparation you favor to get ready for day 1.  (Jim 1, your pantyhose are optional for pre-season work.)

LivingProof

• Global Moderator
  • 400 Posts
« Reply #79 on: July 25, 2012, 05:59:21 am »
Hi Todd,

Good find, and for the record at least for me, 90 days just gets us to Nov. Loveland may be open, but, I'm only 2000 miles away.

In reading some of this thread, 2009 turned out to become the season of my shoulder dislocation and a 7 week timeout. Not fun!

This season will be my 4th of posting in this forum, now a group of friends. Gotta ski with Liam and Svend... and get back to make turns with you at K'ton.

jbotti

• 6+ Year Member
  • 400 Posts
« Reply #80 on: July 25, 2012, 06:07:33 pm »
I am still a big fan of these foot circles. I know of few people that work on ankle flexibility and as we get older we can get reduced to having almost none. That may be fine for walking and running (although it actually isn't as you end up altering your gait because of the poor flexibility) but I do think it's essential in skiing. They are tedious and painful in the first 2 weeks or so, but then they get much easier. If you are looking to improve flexibility to get higher edge angles in skiing this is one area that will help.

The other big one is increasing flexibility in the Gluts. This was a big focus for me last offseason and it definitely helped my ability to get higher angles.

I agree with Todd, this is definitely the time to focus on things that will make us better skiers next season!!