Author Topic: some stoke from vermont  (Read 925 times)

Svend

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: some stoke from vermont
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2012, 07:31:48 pm »
The composition with the more distant rider was intentional, intended to show the larger forest environment and the small rider within (not to get too profound about it).  Most of my other shots are of the rider in closer proximity.

But composition is a personal matter, and as I mentioned, the quality of shots taken on a sunny day in the middle of the woods is really what is stumping me.  The scenes just do not come out right.  Very harsh contrast, poor colour saturation, poor details in highlights and shadows.  Most unappealing....

Having a pro-level camera sure seems to help, with the bigger sensor collecting just that much more information.  You can see the depth of colour in your pics is so much better.  I will have to play with the programming settings on my pocket camera to see if I can adjust the contrast range or something like that.  I am a former film guy, avid B&W fine print photographer, and had my own darkroom (before kids).  This digital stuff is still somewhat of an enigma as to how to control it.  The Zone System? Piece of cake! Digital sensors? Er, not so clued in....

Nice work, Epic.  I enjoyed looking at those.