Author Topic: Jamis Dragon 29er, Reynolds frame -- worth looking at?  (Read 846 times)

Svend

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Jamis Dragon 29er, Reynolds frame -- worth looking at?
« on: June 14, 2012, 07:23:38 pm »
Hey, thanks Josh.  I might go and take a first hand look at the frame, and then find a Niner dealer in Toronto to compare.  Niner has good detail pics on their website, but Jamis does not, so it's hard to compare the build and design.  A couple of the reviews said the rear triangle of the Jamis was rather soft, which is not an attribute that I would care for.  More research is needed.

If I build it from the frame up with new parts, I can take my time and wait for good deals.  I already found a pair of new WTB wheels, UST, for ~$320 the set.  That's not bad.  But....if I'm going to go to the expense of building from scratch, I really want to make sure the frame is worth it.  Start with good bones, in other words.

The 100mm fork makes sense.  More travel; slacker head angle.  Good idea....

If I strip the Paragon, will I even be able to sell the frame? Is there much of a market for used frames?

BTW, great pic that you posted.  No wonder you run tubeless with rocks like that on your trails.   ;)