Author Topic: A male's take on Yoga.  (Read 1236 times)

LivingProof

• Global Moderator
  • 400 Posts
Re: A male's take on Yoga.
« on: May 07, 2012, 09:35:15 am »
A good friend that had practiced yoga for years had a serious back injury one day during a yoga session doing the same thing he had done many times before. I searched the web and found lots of similar stories. Some people love it, some people hate it, and some people end up in surgery.

Max,
and some will need surgery for just sitting around and doing nothing. Your thoughts about yoga seem overly negative, and, I've friends who will swear by the benefits of strength and flexibility from (limited) yoga, including the elimination of pain in backs, hips etc. Pick your fitness routine, go do web searches and there will be warnings regarding overuse.

I do fear for anyone who becomes a zealot for any of the various fitness or eating programs that are touted as being the "real answer". Perhaps I'm just too middle of the road or simply unfocused, but, I need more balance than I've ever found in a single life-changing endeavor. Many times, I've been approached by someone claiming that they have found this great new life-solution and been asked to join the crusade. I think all should know my answer.

Josh, good luck with your new program and the mental tranquility aspects produced to date. You live on the edge far more than most...for better and worse. Your OP is well written and shows a depth of maturity, keep it up. But, don't do anything stupid or too much or too soon.