Author Topic: My Arse is killing me  (Read 1056 times)

byronm

• 100 Posts
Re: My Arse is killing me
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2012, 05:52:36 pm »
Hi Folks,
Just a bit of an update. Got sidetracked with out of state family issues so I have not made any significant purchase yet.
Still riding the $85.00 used schwinn sport that I bought from a local org, actually as a donation, proceeds that benefit veterans. But what fun I am having just cruising. In younger days I was an avid runner, having little to no experience with cycling I was amazed at how much ground one can really cover. I took a 3 mile ride on the outskirts of town yesterday and loved it. Not withstanding the 112* temp.
The wtb v saddle I invested in, combined with the appropriate height adjustment made a world of difference in terms of my tailbone.
Tried a 29'r at my local bike shop and liked it ok. Will try a dedicated road bike next. Seems like the 29'r might be one of those tweeners bw talks about. Performance " just ok" in seperate genres.
Meanwhile, faded paint, modest equip aside, finding how enjoyable even a 30 minute ride down the road or around the neighborhood can be, how out of shape I am and much to learn about cycling.
All in all, the chain or I haven't fallen off........consider ing that +1