Author Topic: My Arse is killing me  (Read 1107 times)

bushwacka

• Instructor
  • 400 Posts
Re: My Arse is killing me
« on: May 04, 2012, 09:06:01 am »
this is getting off topic but I love shoving my progressive ideas a t people :P :) because in due time I am always proven right.

The thing is if you think your rim brakes enough think about like it this. There are decents that can blow up carbon rim and if you were racing someone on disc brakes the real difference in braking is in modulation not in power. The ability to threshold brake is going to give riders a huge advantage dive bombing turns in technical decents and taking tighter lines in crits.

also there will be no extra weight. The wheels can be much lighter since they no longer have to support being clamped together by brakes. Just look at Disc MTB wheelset they ARE much lighter than most road wheelset and if they did not have to stand up to MTBing they would be lighter still. Also hydro lines are lighter than cables lines and disc brake calipers are just as heavy as rim brake calipers, lastly you do not need 160mm rotors but only 140mm rotors.

gone our the days off BB7 roads and tektro piece of crap cable pull road disc brake, by next year Shimano, SRAM, and formula will all have brifters that support hydro disc brakes.

Rim brakes are dead in 5 years from all forms of cycling except for retro grouches and people who are not willing to spend money. Just look back 5 years on my post on epic ski and TGR and you will see I am always ahead of the curve.