Author Topic: Mountain Bike Tires  (Read 610 times)

meput

• 1 Year Member
  • 200 Posts
Re: Mountain Bike Tires
« on: April 28, 2012, 08:02:24 am »
Hey Jim,

Thank you for highlighting the thread about tubes vs tubeless. Just went back and read it.

Took my maiden run on my new full suspension mtb. yesterday (for all of you tech hounds, a Specialized Epic comp 29'r). It came tubeless ready so I went tubeless. This was on the recommendation of both the shop guys and many mtb experienced friends. Wish me luck. Ran 29 psi front/back. No slime on the trail. Planning on 28 next ride. Stock tires: front Specialized fast trak, rear Specialized renegade control.

Now to figure out this mountain bike stuff without getting hurt . Have been avoiding it like plague over the past 10 yrs (I am too old to chance injuries especially with a fake knee, etc). So if I hurt myself  and miss any skiing next year, I will be pissed  >:(. Older mtn bike is a rigid fork/hard tail from the early 90's that was never ridden much (mostly rail trail stuff).

Did learn that there are ticks in the woods  :o. Have never gotten a tick (that I know of) in the thousand's of miles that I have logged while road biking (even spending lots of time fixing flats on the side of the road). Such is life.