Author Topic: Settings for FF bindings?  (Read 547 times)

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Settings for FF bindings?
« on: April 14, 2006, 08:10:19 am »
OK, dumb question, on my Supershape FF bindings, what are the pros/cons of having the spring loose or compressed? I have beed skiing on them loose but a guy on the race team sugested keeping them compressed for more stiffness and added power.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

jbotti

• 6+ Year Member
  • 400 Posts
Re: Settings for FF bindings?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 09:20:39 pm »
I may not be undersatnding your question correctly. If you are asking about din settings on the FF with the supershapes, I personally always keep them cranked high. Carving creates high G forces and the last thing that I want is an early/ unneccessary release. You may want to set the rear setting higher than the front.

If you are not talking about your din setting, then I don't understand the question. JB.

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 08:19:44 am »
No, not the DIN, the FF binding has a small spring in the center of the binding, you can set the spring to be either loose, allowing the binding to flex or you can have it tightened, which doesn't allow flexing but I am assuming (this is the dangerous part-assuming) that when it's not flexing, you are getting added energy in the exit of turns.

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 06:54:29 pm »
Hi Ron:

My guess is that the spring helps apply more pressure to the front and back of the ski (by resisting flex which effectively stiffens the ski).  So on icy slopes I would think you would want it compressed and stiffer, and for softer snow leave it relaxed.

Jim
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."

Ghost

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 10:24:07 am »
I have ff17+ bindings.  According to the manual the springs should be compressed, turned on, enabled.

(http://www.tyrolia.com/html/dealer/elearning/downloads/Techn.Manual0506_en.zip).