Author Topic: Impressive skiing  (Read 424 times)

bushwacka

• Instructor
  • 400 Posts
Impressive skiing
« on: April 12, 2012, 07:14:00 pm »

sorry for so may threads started but I figured you guys would like this.

HeluvaSkier

• Consider me the reason you should pay attention...
  • Instructor
  • 100 Posts
Re: Impressive skiing
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 07:44:41 pm »
He's skiing well.
All-Mountain: A common descriptive term for boots or skis that are designed to perform equally poorly under a variety of conditions and over many different types of terrain.

Liam

• Ski Shop/Ski Patrol
  • 200 Posts
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 05:40:27 am »
That is, to anyone's eye, just great skiing.  Reilly looks almost Berger-esque in that video!

I assume this is the Reilly who used to post up the bump videos on Epic??  Looked good then and still looks good.  Was that his friend Paul in the red (during the bump sequence) who made the australian 'How to Ski Moguls' Dvd???  He looked good too.

You know, seeing you put up videos like this coupled with knocking the suspect skiing of Dan Egan and certain PSIA luminaries makes me think that JBotti was right after all.  You might just find a home on the PMTS forums.

Although, if I recall, the Reilly on epic once really ripped HH in a pretty phlegmatic thread---but I suspect that that was due more to the fact that HH had criticized his friend's DVD promo than any real technique disagreement he had with HH.

Regardless, his skiing in that video is something that PMTSers and anyone who wants to ski like an expert can really appreciate.  Nice find.

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 07:39:50 am »
Awesome skiing....nice to see. Love how compact and connected he is.... great feet. It's always fun to watch and ski with great skiers.

Bush...Tell us about this guy..don't know who he is...thanks, g

bushwacka

• Instructor
  • 400 Posts
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 08:15:05 am »
That is, to anyone's eye, just great skiing.  Reilly looks almost Berger-esque in that video!

I assume this is the Reilly who used to post up the bump videos on Epic??  Looked good then and still looks good.  Was that his friend Paul in the red (during the bump sequence) who made the australian 'How to Ski Moguls' Dvd???  He looked good too.

You know, seeing you put up videos like this coupled with knocking the suspect skiing of Dan Egan and certain PSIA luminaries makes me think that JBotti was right after all.  You might just find a home on the PMTS forums.

Although, if I recall, the Reilly on epic once really ripped HH in a pretty phlegmatic thread---but I suspect that that was due more to the fact that HH had criticized his friend's DVD promo than any real technique disagreement he had with HH.

Regardless, his skiing in that video is something that PMTSers and anyone who wants to ski like an expert can really appreciate.  Nice find.

this is the same guy and he is not friends with HH at all..

He is a member of Aspen Ski School Demo as well as Australia's national demo team and I use to ski with him quite a bit when we both work at the bird together. He IMO is more impresive to watch in person.

Also egan is not a PSIA guy.....I suspect he would have issues passing his L2.....

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 08:57:17 am »
At one time, Aspen Ski School had a lot of PMTS influenced skiers before it was called PMTS.
The first time I saw Harald Harb ski, it was on Lito's "Breakthrough on Skis" video, and Lito credits Harald with much of what he teaches of the "new way to turn shaped skis."  I'm a little bit surprised that Aspen still has such a program, but this write-up was followed by the 2011 dates.

Experience the only intensive week-long ski program based on Lito Tejada-Flores' best-selling book, DVDs and videos. Under the direction of the Ski & Snowboard Schools of Aspen/Snowmass,Breakthrough on Skis is taught by pros personally selected and trained by Lito himself. If you are ready to move from an intermediate skier to an expert, to feel at home in all terrain and to have tons of fun in the process, this is the course for you. EachBreakthrough on Skis week includes five days of coaching, 5-day lift ticket, apr?s-ski lectures and a wrap-up banquet, $1,699.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 09:04:54 am by jim-ratliff »
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."

meput

• 1 Year Member
  • 200 Posts
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 05:56:14 pm »
Like his skiing. Very smooth. I enjoy watching skiers that tend to ooze down the mountain  :P.

HighAngles

• 1 Year Member
  • 200 Posts
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 06:49:19 pm »
Remember that HH was in Aspen for quite some time and had his first alignment center there (IIRC).

HighAngles

• 1 Year Member
  • 200 Posts
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2012, 06:52:44 pm »
BTW - That is some truly impressive skiing in that video.  Great skiing is great skiing no matter where it comes from.