Author Topic: Why I got banned from Epicski.com  (Read 2996 times)

Liam

• Ski Shop/Ski Patrol
  • 200 Posts
Re: Why I got banned from Epicski.com
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2012, 10:50:12 am »
Hey Josh,

I read what was left of those threads you called out Egan on...you might have been asking for it.  I didn't think the Rogan critique was such a big deal, but now, when I couple it with the Egan stuff, well, I think even you realized you were on thin ice.

However, I also read Blake Saunders thread on 'The State of the Forum'--he baited you there perhaps unfairly, but then again, you did antagonize him unnecessarily in previous posts (you may not like his skiing style, but that guy has posted up huge quantities of long, pretty impressive free skiing and mogul videos of him and his tele skiing brother..and now his newbie wife--he certainly 'put up', and the guy is a very good skier). 

I guess I can see why the Epic gang decided to close down your act.  I am not saying it was right, but it was getting to the point where every thread was about you (even when you didn't participate).  I suspect a lot of other would be posters were hesitant to ever post up videos for MA worrying about your inevitable opprobrium.  Like I said before, It wouldn't bother me as I respect your critiques, but not everyone is tick-skinned and Epic has to think about the great sea of aspiring intermediate skiers who are their main audience.

I see also that CVJ, Nailbender and the SVMM gang has also gone dormant, which makes me think they were banned as well.  I guess you were part of a general Epicski house cleaning. 

Which is too bad as that place needs a few vibrant voices of opposition to spice things up.

Started Mountain Biking Yet?