Author Topic: Krypton Pro boots  (Read 4373 times)

Svend

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Krypton Pro boots
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2012, 10:02:17 am »
Quick update re. my search for boots:  I have decided to hold off on getting a new pair for now, pending my final assessment of mods I made to my present Infernos.  I replaced the power strap with a heavy duty ;) 3-ply Booster; got new liners under warranty from Tecnica Canada (resolving an issue with a tear in the old ones - great service from those folks); and had the inside ankle areas punched out to relieve a hot spot and align my feet better in the shells.  I skied them for 4 days in Banff just before Christmas and really liked what I felt.  The new liners seem to be the same as in the current Inferno race boots, and I like the quality and fit and feel.  A significant improvement over the old ones. 

The Boosters, in particular, made the biggest difference.  They make the boots markedly stiffer feeling, seem to act like shock absorbers in crud and chop, and give me a much more solid feel in steep terrain which is confidence-inspiring.  A great upgrade, and well worth the time to drill out the power strap rivets and bolt on the Boosters.

All-in-all, I am happy with the outcome so far.  During the time in Banff we skied some steep terrain and quite a bit of off-piste stuff, crud and ungroomed, and I never felt like I overpowered the boots or was wanting for more support.  FYI, I was skiing my Mythics, which are a rather solid heavy ski, and the boots had no trouble driving them.  Now I'm looking forward to getting out on my Progressor 9's and see how they perform on groomers.