Author Topic: Krypton Pro boots  (Read 4366 times)

bushwacka

• Instructor
  • 400 Posts
Re: Krypton Pro boots
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2012, 06:52:11 am »
Svend the boot basically does not move with 2 wedges in the back....so there really is no rebound.

From Everything the Instructors Never Told You About Mogul Skiing by Dan DiPiro

Page 79

A good bump-skiing boot is just a little less stiff than most top-of-the-line racing boots.
I don't recommend boots that are more flexible or soft than second-tier racing boots. Skiing too soft a boot in the moguls is like driving a car with a cushy, soft supsension - say, a big, old Cadillac - through a tight autocross course: you just won't get the responsiveness you need.

:D

Max you should know that before I skied I was a quite successful Auto-X,time trailer, and road racer. You must know that right?

The thing is with Auto-X the cars are actually set up softer than a road race car.  I had nearly identical 1990 honda Civics one setup for Auto-x and one set up for NASA Honda Challenge road racing and the suspensions setting that I got after many many days of testing were this.

Auto X -                   

550 front spring rates
500 rear spring rate

11 mm front sway bar
24 mm rear sway bar.

5 degree front camber
2 degree rear camber

.5 toe out in the front
2.0 toe out in the rear

Road Racing

500 front spring rate
800 rear spring rate

20mm front sway bar
30mm rear sway bar

3 degree front camber
1 degree rear camber

0 degree front toe
-1.0 rear toe

both set up were counter balanced and played a crucial roll in making my 1990 Street Modified Civic the faster FWD car at nationals 2 years in a row. Including at least a dozen FTDs(fastest times of the day) at regional and local events something that most people never do.

and for rally-X racing the car would have stock intgegra spring on it

the point is you use different suspension and tires for different things in autoracing, why would you do the same in skiing?