Author Topic: Krypton Pro boots  (Read 4351 times)

Svend

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Krypton Pro boots
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2012, 08:35:13 pm »
Dan, that is one of the first things that Gary commented on when he switched from the Raptor to Lange RX last season.  He said that the Langes had much more snow feel, direct connection to the ski, and were more responsive.  Maybe he can pipe in here and elaborate more.

IIRC, The Krypton can be setup much stiffer than the Flexon/Full Tilt even with the #10 tongue.  The secret with the Krypton is the rear spine wedge.  The stiffest tongue combined with the rear spine wedge in the stiffest position should be a fairly stiff forward flexing boot (maybe equal to a typical 120-130 flex 2-piece).  However, I think there's more to it than just having a stiff forward flex.  If there wasn't more to it you wouldn't hear about how there are real skiing differences between similarly stiff flexing boots.

I think you're right.  These boots have some very devoted fans, and there must be something unique in their feel and performance.  As for stiffness, Josh said he has his cranked up to the equivalent of 160 flex(?), presumably using the spine widgets.  I'm wondering if making the spine stiffer would improve the rebound of the boot, the same way the spine works in a 2-piece shell.  I should be able to find a Krypton this week and try it side-by-side with a good 130 2-piece boot.  Lou's shop (boot guy on Epic) is here in Calgary and he carries the Krypton line.  Time for a visit.