Author Topic: Hart Pulse - Better late than never  (Read 3893 times)

LivingProof

• Global Moderator
  • 400 Posts
Re: Hart Pulse - Better late than never
« on: March 12, 2012, 02:07:44 pm »
I have a whole new appreciation of High Angles ski reviews following our week in Tahoe. Very few pay attention to detail like he does and his verbal descriptions of skis amazed me, time and time again. He knows what he likes and how to describe it. Not only can he talk the talk, he can ski the ski!

In my 12 skis in Tahoe thread, I mentioned that I also got on Hart Pulse skis for an afternoon on hard snow. I, too, was very impressed with the 170's as the were rock solid and changed edges very easily. A quiver update may be forthcoming, we'll see.

I had the Pulse in a 178 several seasons ago when I dislocated my shoulder. I found them very comfortable to ski on an all day basis with great grip. Upon returning to skiing the season, I was conservative with respect to speed. Helluvaskier advised me to find a softer carver ski for the following season, so, following a trip to Greek Peak, my Pulse's went home with him. I believe the Pulse is made by Blossom in Italy and they are the makers of Vist skis, of which, Helluva now owns a pair. Speed helps bring them to life. A friend owns both the Pulse and and the Phoenix, as an eastern skier, prefers the Phoenix, and, can't find love for the Pulse. I wonder if binding location is an issues.

Teamed with the Vist system, my experience was they are heavy. I remember Gary picking up my skis on the way the Jackson airport (my arm was in a sling) and he went "wow" due to the weight. More of a problem carrying than when skiing.

Hart skis....can they survive?? My very first new skis were Hart Castle's in the early 70's.