Author Topic: Hart Pulse - Better late than never  (Read 4019 times)

HighAngles

• 1 Year Member
  • 200 Posts
Re: Hart Pulse - Better late than never
« on: March 12, 2012, 01:18:52 pm »
Liam - I think part of why my testing felt that the Pulse was more "demanding" was due to the mount position.  After I ran through taking measurements and checking my calculations I will want my starting mount position to be 32mm forward of the factory mark.  I skied the demos at 15mm forward.  To some these numbers may sound like a lot, to others not so much, but I've found that shifts of as little as 10mm (sometimes 5mm) can result in a very different ski feel. 

I like to have my BoF smack on top of the center of effective edge and hopefully also the center of the sidecut (narrowest point of the waist).  My calculations show that I will be able to achieve that on the Pulse and then the ski will have more "tail" which in turn will actually allow the tail to have a bit more flex.  I've found that when I'm more centered on a ski I'm better able to bend it at lower speeds.

So I'll post an update to this review once I've had some time on my own pair.  As I said in the review, I almost always prefer a ski much more after I get the mounting point dialed in and have my preferred tuning applied.